The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
I've lost myself a bit. Had friends over the week end and ate quite a bit and boozed a fair bit (well, wined) and then yesterday I couldn't do my fast so I did it today, I skipped lunch and breakfast but I had a cuppa soup in the afternoon and meat and vegetables for dinner, plus some of my son's leftover meat which had cheese in it, so maybe it was a shade over 500 cals. I think I really need to start watching myself more on non fast days, because on some of them I do tend to go overboard. I have the feeling that if I cut out wine altogether for a bit it might make things easier, because seems to me like wine drinking and eating tons go hand in hand. I won't be doing it in the next few days as I am going down to Puglia (the region in the heel of Italy) for the week-end and it's like where some of the best food and wines are.
I am sticking to the fast days though, seems incredible that my next one will be the eighth already!
I haven't had the guts to measure my waistline again as it shot up over my period and I'm worried I'll be disappointed if it hasn't gone down again (as I had lost 6 cms over the first 2 weeks, then it went up by 3 again!) :bugeyes:
Hope you're all doing well! :oops:
I'm an expert in eating and drinking too much so probably no help to you at all :frown:
At least with two fast days a week I'm not gaining.
Enjoy Puglia, I'm very jealous :razz: :grin:
Stick with your two fast days humptydumpty. It's early days yet and the tendency to over do it happens. If you can be quite strict with yourself on the two fast days then the ordinary days will, over time, hopefully regulate themselves as your appetite decreases. That's the joy of this WOE- you can eat! Just not as much as you want. But what you want will decrease.
It does warm, have faith
and enjoy Puglia
:clover:
Thanks, I did measure my waistline in the end and it HAS gone back down!
4 posts Page 1 of 1