The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

14 posts Page 1 of 1
A Bit Scared.
29 Dec 2013, 11:12
After just over a week of eating and drinking more than should be humanly possible I start fasting again tomorrow. I'm actually feeling a bit worried about fasting. Will I cope ok? Or will I cave for the first time ever? Well here's fingers and toes crossed I can get back in track.
Re: A Bit Scared.
29 Dec 2013, 11:16
@Wineoclock, you've done it before so you know the ropes by now and you'll be fine! May be a bit harder after a break but you'll soon be back on track. Good luck!
:clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :grin:
29 Dec 2013, 11:20
It will be like riding a bike just you see. I have fasted since Christmas and it was not too bad. The hardest thing are all the distractions going on this time of year. Good luck :clover:
29 Dec 2013, 11:20
@Wineoclock I'm sure it won't take long to get back on the horse! I'm being a bit naughty and not fasting tomorrow (my usual day) but will start on Thursday. I'm sure it won't be long before we're back in the swing of things...getting slimmer by the day...fingers crossed :-)
29 Dec 2013, 11:23
Thanks everyone. I can do this especially with all your support.
29 Dec 2013, 11:27
I know exactly what you mean. Wineoclock. I feel the same, and I did try to fast on Boxing Day but I couldn't. It's the first time I've set out to fast and not been able to do it. It was having all the family here that broke me; serving up lunch. Now they gone home on the ferry tonight, so that difficulty is gone. But I feel nervous. See you in the morning for non- breakfast.
29 Dec 2013, 12:01
You will be fine. Thursday I fasted for the first time since 28th November. It was easy, apart from the fact that I over ate due to reduced TDEE from changing activity to sedentary. But essentially my mind said do it. Arm yourself and go go go.
29 Dec 2013, 12:12
I think you voiced what a few of us fear, @wineoclock.
My first fast will be Thursday as we will be with family till then.
Good luck with yours and let us know how you get on.
29 Dec 2013, 12:27
I've been thinking up excuses for not fasting tomorrow but OH is keen. I'll be back at work from Friday so am planning 16:8 that day (first one).
29 Dec 2013, 12:39
I tried yesterday and failed, today was going to be a second try, but instead its going to be veg heavy day. Tomorrow, Monday will be the first proper fast for us. Mind you, apart from Christmas day we seem to have been doing 18:6 all through Christmas, so with our minds in the right place, its, as has been said, like getting back on a bike.
30 Dec 2013, 02:14
This is my first since the middle of Dec. I was too sick and busy so missed some. And guess what? I feel absolutely fine. So glad to be back into it.
30 Dec 2013, 02:41
Well it's going much better than I thought. Still a bit to go but so far so good.
30 Dec 2013, 06:00
Well done wineo! I am on halt temporarily as we are still at friends so I admire anyone for doing at the moment.
30 Dec 2013, 11:34
Yes youve voiced how many of us feel then shown us it IS ok and we will all be back on our hosses ready to gallop off into a new and successful year!
14 posts Page 1 of 1