The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Has anyone tried using Evernote? I have just started using it and am very impressed.

I can have folders labelled main course, desserts, baking etc.
Inside each folder each recipe is a 'note'

That note can be anything:

It can be the name of the recipe book plus the page number. I can never remember which book my favourites are in!

There is an associated bit of kit called a web clipper which will extract recipes from websites or forum pages, and turn them into notes. It preserves the link to the original in case you want to look up peoples comments etc

Or you can type in recipes, or just save the URL.

The best bit is that each recipe can be tagged, so I tag the main ingredients, and tag recipes as 5:2 or low fat or low carb, or indian etc

So if I have a leftover ingredient to use up, I can search my recipes to find one to use it up. And if I fancy a 5:2 meal with chicken, I can find one quickly.

My stack of printed out recipes is now redundant, and there is an android app which syncs with my laptop, so I can take my tablet in the kitchen to cook from. But even if you want to still keep the scraps of paper, at least you have a backup if you lose them.

Now I just need to spend a bit of time adding recipes to the program! As I cook one, I am adding it then and there. It suits me :like:
Thanks H. Is it Evernote or Evernote Food you are using?
Just the basic Evernote. Evernote Food seems to be about eating out.
For recipes on websites, I just save them in Springpad. I also pin them in Pinterest.
4 posts Page 1 of 1