The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

15 posts Page 1 of 1
I just realized that my actual, final target - my ideal weight, my perfect size, if you will, is exactly 7 stones. A few months ago I didn't know what a stone was, by the way.
In case you are getting annoyed at me (nobody should weigh 7 stones, blah, blah, blah), I'm a really small person. At that weight I'll be healthy and not look skinny. And I hope to be there by the end of this year. Will keep you posted...
Hee heee make sure you don't go talking like that to your friends, they'll think you've lost your marbles :lol:
You want get any of the blah, blah, blah from me. I don't even know how much 7 stone is...still. :D
Well, one stone is 14 pounds.
And AnnieD, was that a pun? Losing stones, losing marbles? Clever...
Yeah, so I've heard. But, it's like that new math they teach these days. My old brain just does not compute in stones. LOL, maybe it will just take a few more months hanging out here. My 9 year old is working on his multiplication tables now. They are actually teaching the tables up to x14, now. Back in the day, when I walked to school, uphill both ways ;) we stopped at 12. After that we had our fancy scientific graphing calculators.
Well, aren't you a young 'un, 43tweaker! I used a slide rule in high school chemistry class. The first scientific graphing calculator I saw was in the hands of my own high school student.

Your post was also interesting because your kid is learning multiplication facts and my kid is teaching them to him. Well, probably not to him but to his peers. But her students are inner city immigrants and children of immigrants who are all way behind in math, and I think none of them will ever get to the '14s' .
I'm half-Brit and the only non-metric thing I know is the pint. ;-)
:clover: :like: :clover: :like:
Go for it kiddo! X you can do it

Ps...i barely know what a kilo or a centimetre is..i am still a ponds n ounces,inches and yards girl! :confused:
Thanks for the support. So do your bathroom scales show stones and pounds? I guess they'd have to, or you'd all have to be really good at dividing by 14...
My (UK) scale can show stones (plus stub pounds), kilograms or pounds alone. Seven stone is tiny (98 lbs, 44.5 kg), but if that is a healthy weight for your height and frame then good luck reaching it!
wendyjane wrote: or you'd all have to be really good at dividing by 14...

Haaaa haaaaaaaa good one!!! :grin: :lol: :grin: :lol:
I calculated my ideal weight would be 9 stones and some pebbles...
Have - just about - got used to thinking in lbs and kg since coming on this forum. As for mm, cm etc, forget it .... waist etc will always be INCHES :grin: :lol: :wink:
Oh, I'm old enough...but I haven't ever used a slide rule. :wink: I think technically we didn't start using those fancy calculators until like 8th grade. It was 1980something and I am 40something. :shock:
As we all know, metric came in many years ago in Oz, but although I think of my weight in kilos, I just can't get my head around metres and centimetres. I'll always be 5'2"! ( Till the shrinkage starts anyway.) :wink:
Hopefully weighing 64 or so kilos, rather than 81.6kg (my start weight)
15 posts Page 1 of 1