The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
A question about TDEE and 4:3
27 Sep 2014, 19:34
Hi fellow fasters, I have a problem I've been struggling with.
Background: According to the progress tracker my (sedentary)TDEE is 1549 for my feed days. That would mean that my weekly intake should be ((500+500)+(1549 * 5)) = 8745 cals.

My dilemma: I have been doing 4:3 for some time now and I went back and checked MFP for a couple months back and (although I don't tend to keep track during weekends) I found that my average calorie intake for feed days is around 1525. That would make my actual weekly intake ((500+500+500)+(1549 * 4)) = 7696 cals. I have been bouncing up and down and not really seeing much of a downward trend.

My question: Should I increase my cals on feed days to compensate? I guess this may be variation on the starvation mode question. I would very much like to clear this up before starting the Christmas challenge. What do other 4:3 fasters do?
No. Don't compensate by eating more. Just stick to the protocol. I have a low tdee and can only lose if I do more than just5:2.
I think the answer is in what you have written - if you're "bouncing up and down" and not seeing much loss, I'm sure you need the TDEE to be lower. My TDEE per the tracker on here is over 2400 - if I ate that much I wouldn't lose any weight I'm sure.

Best of luck!
Thanks ladies, I'll keep on tweaking downwards while upping my walking to see if I get things to move downwards. :neutral:
TDEE is just an average. You may need yours to be lower.

Mine is supposed to be 2673. eek! There is no way I could even eat that unless it was an uncontrolled day which I get rarely anymore.
5 posts Page 1 of 1