The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

20 posts Page 2 of 2
To be rather more uncouth than Catherine Deneuve, the saying around here is "Face or ass?". Meaning, pick one - you can't have good ones of both as you age :neutral:
I'm another one who's probably going to try and stick where I am - 10 st or just below. That is more than I first thought but I feel right on it. More lines were beginning to show but then I was on steroids for 3 and a bit years which really do give you a hamster face.
But I do wish I'd lost a bit more off my middle! :cry: That's why a lot of my clothes are still size 16 (UK).
However if I bother about my posture a bit more, stand up straight, hold my tummy in I reckon it would do a power of good! Not so saggy baggy !! Otherwise only a fairly small weight loss has made me so much more energetic and must be better for all my joints, which are probably a bit arthritic by now.
Also was told that if people have osteoporosis (which I don't think I have) it is better to carry a bit more weight - makes the muscles stronger. So health aspects as well as appearance.
That's interesting @Pammy :?:
There seem to be divided opinions about the benefit of weight on osteoporosis...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-23313047
Unfortunately wrinkles and early 'white hair' run in my family so yes I look older now my face is thinner. Lots of wrinkles on inner arms and inner thighs too that don't disappear with exercise or the application of moisturiser. Also had my hair cut short this summer after having it mid-length - growing it again because even though other people say I look better, I feel older and my face looks softer with longer hair. Having said all that, beauty is only skin deep and it's what is going on inside my body that counts!
The 'shrink' marks will eventually dissapear or lighten as the skin is renewed (they will eventually look like fine pregnancy stretch marks). The body won't waste valuable resources making fat and skin cells that aren't needed. Body scrubbing of the affected areas may speed up the process by taking the dead surface skin layer off faster.
20 posts Page 2 of 2