The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Aaah breakfast.....
04 Aug 2013, 06:45
How I enjoy breakfast after a fast day :)
Yogurt and granola here - love it. What's everyone else having? X
Re: Aaah breakfast.....
04 Aug 2013, 06:54
Just read gillymary's post on the 'butter' thread, and it's got me thinking about brek ... Unfortunately not much on the house, so may have to go out on the forage ... I did have scrambled eggs with smoked salmon on wholemeal toast earlier in the week which was great .... Either that or a bacon sandwich ... :dazed: :lol: :shock: :grin:
04 Aug 2013, 07:49
bofa45 wrote: What's everyone else having? X

Much the same - Greek yoghurt and muesli. Oh, and white tea. It's the same every non-fast day. I'm a creature of habit. :grin:
04 Aug 2013, 07:52
Having had constipation problems all my life, I used to FORCE myself to eat bran once a week.

Since 5:2, most weirdly, bran flakes with prunes is my breakfast of choice (& sometimes even an afternoon snack) - my tastebuds have clearly gone haywire :shock:
04 Aug 2013, 08:50
I'm a bit like Chook. For years I've been having muesli and yoghurt (low fat Greek or natural), a couple of mouthfuls of juice and a cup of some sort of herbal tea. Ever since I had my babies (youngest now 11) I can't face a cooked breakfast.
04 Aug 2013, 09:42
For years it was 1oz 'proper' porridge with 200ml soya milk cooked in the microwave then a banana sliced into it with some unsweetened cocoa powder and microwaved for another minute. But since 5:2 usually skip breakfast unless there are eggs to use up when it's 2 scrambled or in an omelette cooked in butter - just come from the butter thread too :smile:
04 Aug 2013, 11:50
... And a bacon sarnie it was - tho this is a once in a blue moon event these days ( usually on wey hey days - but enjoy it all the more :lol: )

Usually nothing on weekdays, and sometimes a graze box porridge when I feel like it :grin:
7 posts Page 1 of 1