The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
ABC TV diet 'guide'
01 Nov 2013, 05:03
Just found this on the ABC website. It is a review of various diets and 'expert' opinions on them. Food for thought?!
5:2 gets 3.5 out of 5 stars due to lack of evidence, especially for women. I would say all the evidence they need is on this forum!

http://www.abc.net.au/health/dietguide/
Re: ABC TV diet 'guide'
01 Nov 2013, 07:17
Thanks Debs :)
I would love to see a proper prospective study conducted that compares all the different ways of eating that are supposed to help you lose weight. It would take many years cos the most important thing to find out is whether the weight stays off. I would love to be involved in conducting such a study :) (I have experience with large scale longitudinal studies.)
It is possible that DrMM has looked into doing this??
01 Nov 2013, 07:21
Thank you for posting this but I have read everything possible about diets and now know this is the only way. As you rightly say this forum has lots of evidence. Also plenty of investigation has gone into this so am not sure how it can be said there is not enough information. People are just so scared of being hungry, I find this so sad knowing I used to be the same. I will never follow a diet or give away my limited money because someone says it will help. Fasting makes complete sense to me.
01 Nov 2013, 11:47
Thats really interesting, Debs, thanks for that. Oh dear I've tried one or two of them. I suppose my most recent one was the Dukan diet...and that only gets half a star! Definitely think I'm on to a winner with the Fast Diet :-)
01 Nov 2013, 12:30
I tried the CSIRO diet. I lost weight , but I got bored and put the weight back on. What I really really like about 5:2 is that except for 2 days a week, I can eat what I like. I love food and cooking and I want to be able to indulge that love. I can do this for ever. I don't exactly enjoy fasting, but I can do it. I have the hope that in a year or so, I'll have lost enough weight to be able to only have to fast once a week.
5 posts Page 1 of 1