The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

12 posts Page 1 of 1
Altering your end goal...
02 Jan 2014, 14:41
Hello all

Just wondered how many people change their end target to a higher number?
I had a fixed 58kg in my head but starting to wonder if that might be a bit much....
I hit my Christmas Club target of 59.75kg and my husband said in a nice kind way that he didn't think I should lose any more. He is not the type to ever criticise my appearance and even at my heaviest 73kg + still said I looked great but it has just made me wonder if I have got a little carried away.

It is hard to accept that you look slim after years of yo-yo dieting and although I was never bigger than a size 14/16 I still felt very bad about myself and maybe just need to give my confidence a bit of time to catch up.

I would not be underweight at 58kg, my BMI would be 21.something - but maybe that is enough? Anyway I have decided that I will change my end target to 59kg - not much difference but enough of a cushion for holidays/christmas. I haven't done a post xmas weigh yet but I have eaten enough to gain some actual fat not just water retention!!

There is a part of me that feels like I am quitting and I wanted to avoid that feeling as after 8 months I am still very happy with this WOL and the results I have seen.

Sorry for rambling post. I am off to update my target weight quickly before I change my mind!! :smile:
Re: Altering your end goal...
02 Jan 2014, 14:47
Ooh, spanner, what height are you?
My start weight was the same as yours and my target has been revised down to the same as yours.
It's taking AAAAAGGGGGESSSSSSSSS!
and I'm wondering if it's too ambitious too...
02 Jan 2014, 14:48
Go back into your Progress Tracker and click on the Edit Settings box spanner
02 Jan 2014, 14:52
janeg wrote: Ooh, spanner, what height are you?
My start weight was the same as yours and my target has been revised down to the same as yours.
It's taking AAAAAGGGGGESSSSSSSSS!
and I'm wondering if it's too ambitious too...

I am 166cm or 5ft 5.5inches if you like!
02 Jan 2014, 14:54
ooh, that's a good bit taller than me! :D I'll aim for the 58kg then! :shock:
02 Jan 2014, 14:59
Please don't feel you have to be lighter than me just because you are shorter!! I am all legs and short body!! I used to look like a round apple with two cocktail sticks poking out!!
02 Jan 2014, 15:09
Oh Spanner! I'm sure you look lovely!
02 Jan 2014, 17:23
Please tell the part of you that feels like you are quitting, that you absolutely are not! It's really hard to set a weight target from 13kg away, as you don't know how you are going to look. Your BMI is excellent, so I'd say well done, you are there!
I hit my first target, but it was obvious there was a bit more to go, so I've now set a second target. I may have to set a third, or I may stop before I hit the second. I underestimated by about 4 kg (I think!) how much I needed to lose, you over-estimated by about 1kg.
So please, accept that you have done a great job, and enjoy your success! :heart:
02 Jan 2014, 17:33
It sounds like you are being really sensible in setting a realistic weight goal that you can maintain easily. You are already in the healthy BMI range so relax and enjoy your achievement!
02 Jan 2014, 18:09
I have set my final goal as about 8st 10 (55kg I think) and a BMI of 20.7 which is the lower end of normal but I have never been anywhere near that weight as an adult - the 'lightest'I have ever been is just under 11st - so I have NO clue what I will look like when I get nearer to my target and I think I might need to revise it up a bit when I get nearer to that weight. I'm now just over 11st and a size 12 (down from an 18-20) but I've still got a lot of excess 'flesh' so who knows?! Just happy so far to keep losing!
02 Jan 2014, 18:41
Thanks guys, everything you have all said makes sense!
I am very happy with my achievement but I have sabotaged other diets before and just checking this is not the case!

Love 5:2 and this forum xxx
02 Jan 2014, 18:48
No no no..no way Pedro is this " quitting"
Well done on your loss ..i wd go by what Hubz says as he is obvs not an overly critical type or trying to sabotage your efforts,so you can rely on him for an honest opinion, and if you feel good at 59 too,why not just concentrate on maintaining your loss x
12 posts Page 1 of 1