The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Has anyone seen the article in the Independent on line today? The journalist said she had tried 5:2ing & then proceeded to criticise it & call it another fad diet that caused her to become very constipated. Certainly her experience didn't relate to anything that I have experienced & I felt very irritated & annoyed seeing such a misrepresentation of 5:2. I'm sorry but I don't know how to attach a link to it here for you to see.
The 5:2 didn't cause the constipation it was what she had to eat that week. Luckily I have never had a problem with it but I know a few people have, perhaps to many eggs. I think if I had suffered with it I would have a good moan as it can be very painful. Not fair though to blame ones bad food choices on a 2 day restrictive diet. It would seem a fad diet to her as she hadn't had the support from this lovely forum to help her sort out her poo hahahaha :heart:
I had the constipation phase but lots of discussion here later at the time and all sorted with porridge and chia seeds.

It appears that Epsom Salts (for my exercise aches) also have a "cleansing" effect! ;-)
Seems there's a lot more positive articles than negative ones - agree that her poor choices probably caused her problem .... I've been more regular than ever since starting this WoE :oops:
I have to take anti-inflammatory tablets which can cause constipation. The only time it happens is the day after a fast. I am hoping that my footspa with Epsom Salts, to get my magnesium up, will help.
Just had a read - she's a bit of a twit, but her loss! I thought of commenting but couldn't be bothered to register.
Before 5.2 I was the other way :frown: However I am now so grateful as I feel now I go Normally :victory: Also my IBS is so much better,so thumbs up from me for this WOL :heart:
8 posts Page 1 of 1