The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

19 posts Page 1 of 2
Annoying!!!
06 Mar 2014, 13:50
I'm on a fast day today and was sitting here feeling so happy with myself :cool: (and a little bit smug) as I drunk my umpteenth cup of black decaf coffee and then....

someone from upstairs (we have a mezzanine floor) came back with their lunch orders ( sales and customer services work upstairs) and they are all having fish and chips. The smell is driving me to distraction! :bugeyes:

Do you think as the Office Manager, I'm allowed to bring in a new office policy banning all staff from eating lovely smelling stuff in here??????

Okay, maybe not then! off to the kettle for a top up feeling sorry for myself :cry:

Hope you're all having a good day :heart:
Re: Annoying!!!
06 Mar 2014, 13:57
That smell should definitely be banned, it's enough to put customers off I'd say.......ban that smell!!!!
And thank you @WestLondonChick I am having a good day today even though I have to cook for other people........ban ALL cooking smells! :-x
06 Mar 2014, 14:02
Hehe @Auriga - if only! My life would be a lot simpler :heart:
06 Mar 2014, 15:28
@WestLondonChick, now that I've been fasting for almost a year, I can say that I appreciate all the smells I cursed at first. I tuck into yummy smells like a meal now. I guess I just transferred one joy to another, and it actually helps me through a fast day... go figure :bugeyes: !
06 Mar 2014, 15:34
I do sympathise with you. I have to cook for the family fast day or not.
06 Mar 2014, 15:59
Thanks @LittleJoy - I hope that day comes for me too! :heart:

Thanks @carieoates - OMG - that must be tough. I have a husband and no kids and luckily for me he's trying to lose weight also :heart:
06 Mar 2014, 16:04
Hey, I've just realised that your buddy is madcatlady, we met a couple of weeks ago and she s got cats as well. Spose that's why you've buddies up. Lol.
Shame you can't make it to the meet on Saturday.
06 Mar 2014, 16:12
@carieoates

Yes, we did discuss our love of cats funnily enough :grin:

I read about the meet in your / @Madcatlady 's area but I don't live anywhere near - I'm based in West London. She was in London this week but our evenings clashed with what we already had planned so we're hoping to arrange something another time :clover:

It's so nice to have a fasting buddy (we text each other most days) and all the support on this forum has been great :heart:
06 Mar 2014, 16:17
I think it should be banned on your fast days!

But, seriously, can you take a little walk or something to get away from the smell?
06 Mar 2014, 16:21
Hi @cblasz

That's what I ended up doing to keep myself on track! :heart:
06 Mar 2014, 16:40
Spritz perfume everywhere or just on your wrist and keep sniffing!
Hang on in there :-)
06 Mar 2014, 16:44
If it makes you feel better, I had fish n chips yesterday and have gone totally off them because of how they made me feel...greasy and bloated! Stick with your black coffee, the day is nearly over. Roll on tomorrow xx

Bean :starving:

Ps Just look at how gross fish and chips are :shock:
06 Mar 2014, 16:53
Thanks @SkinnyJeans - what does the orefume do then? I'll try that next time they bring fast food in here :heart:

Thanks @nursebean - my problem is that's what I had yesterday evening and mine were delic from the hut / outlet and the smell brought the memory back about how much I enjoyed them - I'm just never satisfied - that's my problem :oops: :heart:
06 Mar 2014, 17:00
I think it 's one of the hardest things to deal with..smelling delicious food when yr tum is empty!
Have to keep telling ourselves we are ( hopefully) carrying out repairs today but tomorrow we too can have lovely lovely tasty aroma rich foods!
Ps! ,it may not be the best evening choice for a fast day meal,but you CAN have 500 cals worth of fish n chips if you wish! X :razz:
07 Mar 2014, 09:17
Hi @SkinnyJeans - I realised what the perfume did when I was on the tube on my way home - how daft am I for not clicking straightaway???? :doh: :heart:

Hi @CandiceMarie - thanks for the supportive message :like: - I just read it this morning and it has made me think that maybe I should try and make my own healthier versions of fast food / takeaways which I can turn to (eg cod fish fillet with butternut squash chips and lots of vinegar!) :heart:

Funny thing is now today has come and I'm allowed a normal day, I don't fancy the fish and chips anymore - hmmmm.......
19 posts Page 1 of 2