The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

12 posts Page 1 of 1
OK so there is probably such a discussion somewhere but I can't be bothered searching. I am quite interested in this as my last 2 fasts I have eaten 2 to 3pm instead of dinner. I found it was great. Instead of being starving ALL day and pumping in coffee etc to try to get thru to dinner, I ate when I got in from work. 300 ish cal meal (had a protein bar mid morning and coffee first thing with milk). Well blow me down with a pink feather! Not hungry from then till bed. Had a cuppa later and I was fine. I can't do it every fast because of work timings, but just interested in hearing from anyone who does this successfully
I think @Ballerina is your woman to talk to re this
Thanks @gillymary, I thought Ballerina was a 16:8 er. I should gave been more specific, those who do the original 500 or 600 cals, eat the 1 meal at lunchtime?
That woild be hard I reckon. Someone will reply
Hi @GMH I think I probably was the original, or at least one of the earliest, 16/8 ers on the forum but I found that my window got shorter and shorter until I realsied that I was happiest eating only a late lunch. Left to my own devices and without any other social or domestic considerations then I probably would only ever eat once a day, anywhere between 2 and 4 or 5 P.M. Most weeks I manage to eat lunch only about 3 or 4 times the rest of the time I may have a small piece of cheese later in the evening so as not to go to bed hungry as then sleep is impossible. @Barbarita is a great fan of the fast-5 which is eating within a 5 hour window and I know she thrives on it. Its all different strokes for different folks. We are off out for lunch today so that will be all I will eat. Good luck with whatever you decide to do, its amazing how simple it can all be and you soon slip into your own rythym.

Ballerina x :heart:
Hi GMH, I usually just have a lateish lunch on a fast day. Works great for me, especially for a bit of pre-exercise energy or on those days I can't get warm. Usually an omelette with vegetables, poached eggs, or porridge ( so in fact more like an extremely late breakfast?) then loads of sparkling water and tea to keep me going. It helps with staying focused at work too.
@BallerinaThanks I've been away from forum so long, I hadn't realised :grin: I would eat 16 hours a day naturally :wink: well not really, I like breakfast about an hour after rising, I drink coffee when my eyes are still closed lol, then I get hungry about 5 hours after bfst, then usually not hungry for 7 hours after that. I'm not a snacker, except cappuccinos! In fact I don't even really like slabs of chocolate, people keep giving it to me and I'll eat it, but not my thing, give me a lemon tart, creme brulee or chocolate fondant!

Actually I do wonder if a late breakfast wouldn't do me as well, but too hard to be tucking into a meal in a dog park surrounded by greedy dogs :razz:
Excellent! It wasn't entirely planned but I only had a small lunch on my fast day yesterday. It didn't work as well as having a bigger lunch so I'm convinced that it works for me.
Don't think that wd work for me ( once i start eating i want to keep going..so post fast dindins is better for me coz there'sless time to go til bedtime)but i think it sounds rather jolly,breaks the day up more equally
Whatever works for us,stick to it! :clover:
Interesting - I might try this! Sometimes on fast days I do find myself looking at the table leg lustfully cos I am so hungry!
@Madcatlady haha me too. I know if I was told I could only eat 2 meals a day I'd do breakfast mid morning and 'Dilunch' mid afternoon. I often don't have much of a lunch on weekends. Trouble is if I don't eat breakfast I get tummy rumbles all day. Really I just like to eat when I'm hungry, not at set times.

I will eat lunch on tomorrow's fast day since I'm home and see how it goes.
Interesting points of view here. I can very easily skip breakfast, but then I get that mid afternoon slump on fast days where I have to keep busy or else. I also usually have an early evening meal by some peoples timings. Anytime from 5-6.30. This being mainly because I exercise two eves a week on fast days, so need that energy for sure.
12 posts Page 1 of 1