The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

19 posts Page 2 of 2
I found this thread and Dhana's thread really interesting. Although I wanted to lose weight I was also very interested in the possible health benefits so I am in it for the long haul. I am 1lb off my target weight and I am happy to just keep plodding along with my two fasts (if possible but if it is only one that's also fine). Unless I lose substantially more then obviously I would need to reassess so I don't fade away! :)
For me the Summer holidays have meant a shift away from routine, visiting people, having people to stay which has made it difficult to schedule two Fasting days. Plus I hit my original goal weight, before moving it lower.
So for the time being I am doing 16:8 and throwing the odd fast day in when I can.
I think that when the schools go back and routines are re established I will be back on 5:2 or maybe 6:1
I am a lucky one, I never had a plateau, not once since February. I have lost the weight at a steady pace and this WOE works fine for me.

Now, of course it can't fit everyvbody and I can easily understand the frustration and the desire to give up. I truly believe that a diet should fit you and not the opposite.

As some know, I began my diet with a "normal" diet but ô so borring.... After 3 months I was about to give up. Not because I didn't lose the weight, but because I couldn't stand the steamed vegs and lean chicken anymore.... Then I found that WOE and it was love at first sight.

Is it easy ? No, of course not. Do I get frustrated sometimes ? Of course ! But I see the big picture, which is how much better and more confident I feel and how I am looking forward to go, as we talked about in another thread, at my **** sister's door in a skinny jeans and see the look of disbelief in her face :grin:
Decided the best course of action today is to not count a single calorie, take the day and food as it comes. That'll confuse things!
Sometimes a change is as good as a rest. Keep the old body on it's toes. Chin up :0)
19 posts Page 2 of 2