The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Are you a food bore?
21 Nov 2013, 18:20
Blimey, I think I am these days! Image

I used to talk "horse" all the time but since I lost my weight, so many friends are asking for the secret of my weight loss (My standard answer to that one is: "No secret - eat less, exercise more!") but when they persist and want details, I find myself becoming SUCH a long-winded bore about the science of nutrition, not mixing carbs with fat or sugar, IGF1 and other benefits of 5:2, how these days you can't get me out of the kitchen because I'm trying out so many new recipes..... and on and on I go Image I do eventually apologise profusely for rambling on and most of them laugh and tell me it's lovely that I'm so eager and have such a prolific amount of info to convey.... but I think I really do need tips on when to shut up!!! Image
Re: Are you a food bore?
21 Nov 2013, 18:54
:heart: Well OK only done it once yet !! :heart:
My sister who knew exactly what I was doing but didn't ask how it was going for quite a few weeks, I would tell her what I'd lost trying to get her interested as she saw the horizon programme which I didn't, but little to no interest. :heart:

Then 2stone lost and we were out to lunch and I didn't order a salad, well she could see my different shape/size reappearing That's when she was really interested questions upon questions so I answered very enthusiastic couldn't shut me up When I got home I realised that I'd done my orange box routine so I texted her with an apology she said OK I can see its working for you so I'm going to join you :heart: :heart: Well I was really pleased and although she has nowhere near the amount as me to lose its working for her, so yes I'm boring too.
Brilliant well I don't care do you? If we get a few converts that's got to be a really good outcome. :clover: Sue :clover:
21 Nov 2013, 19:30
Oh I'm SOOOOOOO boring about it once I get started; I can see my OH's eyes glaze over when I go on about low carb and he thinks my insistentce on cauli rice (for me) borders on the obsessive. Eek.
21 Nov 2013, 19:40
I think you all already know that I am a complete and utter food bore :wink:
21 Nov 2013, 19:53
rawkaren wrote: I think you all already know that I am a complete and utter food bore :wink:

No way Karen ! :lol: I love reading your foodie posts and blog, always very interesting and informative :like:
21 Nov 2013, 20:07
*cough* For the record... no-one... NO-ONE *waggles finger to emphasize* on here is a food bore!!!
6 posts Page 1 of 1