The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
I read the article this morning. It's not really for or against, just being informative, but the part that bugged me was where they give an example of what you can eat, the food was fine but then they say you can only drink herbal tea or water all day. I can't remember anywhere that Dr MM said that you can't have normal tea and coffee or a drink of any sort. It's just got to be included in your calorie intake.
This is something i wrestle with @Wineoclock
A cup of tea, not a mug,with just a little splash of milk helps me thru a fast day and cheers me...only have one or two and they prob only ten cals each out of my budget. I don't have the first til late morning.
But technically speaking,the milk DOES break the fast... :frown: x x
Tho much better to do a 500 cal day than to abandon it coz of two measly cuppas i think x
@CandiceMarie I guess it depends on what you consider as fasting. Dr MM has said 500 cals for the whole day and he does it having breakfast and dinner, not fasting all day until dinner. Dr Varady says to have your meal at lunch time.
So I don't think our splashes are going to be a problem. :grin:
That thought has cheered me up no end! Even tho i do like to go as long as poss without food to try to get the most benefit from a fast n repair day.
I guess a few splashes of milk dont make much of a dent in a fast do they! Seeing as i could be eating half my cals at lunchtime but dont coz then i just want to eat all day.. :razz: x
This sounds interesting. Does anyone have a link to try? I tried searching on Google and on the Australian Readers Digest site but it was hopeless.
I have black coffee first thing in the morning but I have to have tea with a lil bit of milk and I will have a couple during the day but as long as I count the milk in then I'm ok. Couldn't have a tea free day it keeps me sane!
6 posts Page 1 of 1