The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

12 posts Page 1 of 1
Autumn Feed
24 Oct 2013, 13:46
Forgive me if I'm talking out of turn here, but me and several people on the forum seem to be experiencing this phenomena.
We just want to eat and eat and eat and eat and phew that's better.
After a week of this I'm back fasting 20/4 on Monday and Thursday with no problem.
Weird innit! :geek:
Re: Autumn Feed
24 Oct 2013, 13:50
Glad your back on board Azureblue I think it does us all good to mix it up and confuse our bodies :heart:
After my holiday my body is certainly confused :clover: Sue
24 Oct 2013, 13:54
I'm back on board too. I just put mine down to holiday and being out of routine, but I guess with the weather changing and nights drawing in, it's not the same as fasting in better weather I guess. It was great to fast yesterday, my body felt a sigh of relief! So maybe not a bad thing in the long run.
24 Oct 2013, 20:56
I know what you mean. I have been fed by my mother for the last 5days and I really want to get back to my normal routine. I am thinking that I must have eaten this way when I was a child, but I must admit I was always fairly slim despite the cakes etc, but I suspect I won't like the scales when I get home- I'll probably leave it for a week or so before I try as I don't want to depress myself
24 Oct 2013, 21:52
I have no autumn excuses here, am not putting on but definitely out of routine due a few days away, life happening and motivation. Looking forward to a fast tomorrow and back to a better routine then onwards and downwards to Christmas.

The odd feed might be an instinctive body thing for food variety except if it is for sugar then it's not good
24 Oct 2013, 22:23
Me too - just finishing a week away, but back to work (and normal routine) Monday. I will have to knuckle down, as I have a big family party in a month's time, and soon after that the lead up to christmas, works dos etc etc! Gotta get a grip :shock: :cool: :shock: :cool:
25 Oct 2013, 01:23
Not only do I want to eat, eat, eat, but I want to sleep, sleep, sleep. And the mornings seem to chilly for early morning walks, and it is dark by the time I get home. Arrrrrgh!
25 Oct 2013, 05:32
Winter is coming! I am keeping my fast days going but eating more on feed days. Not a great deal more. I do not calorie count but know roughly what I am having. I think it is to do with the change of season. Salads are no longer appealing, I want stews and soups and cake!
25 Oct 2013, 08:10
Bobshouse wrote: Winter is coming! I am keeping my fast days going but eating more on feed days. Not a great deal more. I do not calorie count but know roughly what I am having. I think it is to do with the change of season. Salads are no longer appealing, I want stews and soups and cake!

This is me, all washed down with a glass of red!
25 Oct 2013, 08:26
I'm really trying to kick sugar away
But
I must own up to having a bread and butter pudding in the fridge for tonight, for OH you understand ... (But he wants me to share it ...)
25 Oct 2013, 08:34
Azureblue wrote: I'm really trying to kick sugar away
But
I must own up to having a bread and butter pudding in the fridge for tonight, for OH you understand ... (But he wants me to share it ...)

Well it would be rude not to Azureblue! :razz: Hope you're having custard too!
25 Oct 2013, 10:54
I was just about to start a thread about this very thing Azureblue.

Me and a 5:2 buddy have been having the same chat. I am finding my fast days really quite difficult at the moment, still going on with them but I certainly can't exercise and fast at the moment, which was never a problem before. When I did some running at Monday lunchtime I actually felt ill in the evening. I fasted yesterday and didn't exercise, albeit I did walk quite a bit, and I felt soooo tired in the evening. My friend suggested I try this stew next week...apparently it's delicious and it's under 200 cals a bowl, so I'll be having one for lunch and one for dinner on Monday.
http://www.lavenderandlovage.com/2013/0 ... atoes.html
12 posts Page 1 of 1