The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Back2Back
05 Sep 2013, 15:03
Hi have just finished yesterday back2back fast days. I found it great the 1st fast day on Tuesday, had nothing but black coffee, bovril and an occassional cup of tea and didn't have my 500 cal quota. Yesterday it started great and didn't feel hungry at all until I hit a slump around about 4.30pm, so I decided to have a small salad with tuna, egg and smoked salmon which really hit the mark. I divided it into two portions so I had the next meal around about 8pm ( in total about 400cal spread over two days).

I actually feel like I have fasted rather than splitting up the fast days and knowing that I have Thursday through to Monday is a real clincher. I have lost 10LBs in two weeks and feel great!! I have a long way to go so I have ordered from Amazon an arsenal of different things to keep me going i.e. South American tea called yerba mate which is an energy brew. It supposed to aide with detox and weight loss. I did a bit of research before I purchased this tea and apparently this is the sort of thing that Brazillians drink on their beaches and you must admit they have amazing bodies.
Well the tea arrived and I have had two mugs of the stuff so far, it tastes fine to me but I'm use to the green tea taste!! :razz:

The second thing I ordered from H & B was zero shitaki noodles, so I shall add those to a vegetable stir fry!
Keep you posted with the yerba mate tea :grin:
Re: Back2Back
05 Sep 2013, 15:14
Congrats on getting through your back to back fasts. I've done it a couple of times but do struggle towards the end of the second day - and that's having eaten most of my 500 cals on the first fast.

I'm glad to hear you consumed at least some calories on the first day, even if it wasn't much. We don't allow the talk of extended fasting (fasting for more than 36 hours on near-zero calories) here for various reasons and I feel it's important to note that.

I'll be interested to hear if the special tea helps at all! Can't say I'm keen on Green Tea myself though. I'll have a little read about this Yerba Mate stuff.

The shiritaki noodles are not to everyone's tastes but a lot of folks swear by them for bulking out on a fast day. I've tried them a few times but can't stand them! Shame really, they're a great calorie saver.
Re: Back2Back
05 Sep 2013, 21:05
Hi and Welcome well done I've done 2 back2 back with no problem but its not for everyone, I'm struggling with the liquids but can't do with the green tea, so stick to black coffee + water. I also only eat evening meal on my fast days. Well done with the weight lost so far and Good Luck to you. :clover: Sue
3 posts Page 1 of 1