The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Been here 6 months today
01 Oct 2013, 15:56
I've been here for 6 months today, 5:2 Mondays and Thursdays plus 16:8 on the other week days, hardly any carbs (potatoes, rice, pasta, bread) every week except for a 3 week holiday in the summer.

I have lost almost 1 stone (all but 1lb) but have been stuck for so long. I enjoy the fasting so I will keep going but getting a bit fed up with the plateau. Is this because I don't have much to lose? Who knows........ Am thinking of copying my 5:2 twin @gillymary and switching to 16:8 only for a bit to see if that shakes things up as I am afraid that I am eating so healthily these days that I am under eating. Great minds often think alike!!!

See here my true weight app data for a picture of my journey so far. The two increases were holidays, the first I was at home, so had access to scales, the second I was away.

Thank you all for being such wonderful company on this journey, not just for the health and weight loss threads but for the laughs too :lol:
Re: Been here 6 months today
01 Oct 2013, 16:02
Happy 6-monthiversary! How quickly time flies by :)

I would guess you've hit the 6 month plateau, and it loks as though you've only been hovering around the same weight for less than a month. Don't be surprised if it takes another 3-4 weeks to break of its own accord. That said, you're in the mid range healthy BMI now so loss will almost certainly be slower and your body is probably quite happy where it's at and reluctant to give up any more of its fat stores for now!

I'm sure the rest will come off, but unfortunately a lot of patience is required - just console yourself with the fact that you're eating what you want to most of the time and yet not gaining weight!
01 Oct 2013, 16:05
Congrats Wendy darling. I have downward slope envy...
01 Oct 2013, 16:08
Congrats Wendydarling, I hope to be able to post something like this when I have been here for six months.
01 Oct 2013, 16:18
Happy Anniversary Wendy :heart:
Well time does fly when were having so much fun :heart:
I'm sure its the dreaded 6 month plateau. ( so that means I'm following)
Apparently we just have to be very patient checkout TEDs post today he's finally kicked his away, you are also close to the end goal so this will probably hinder also. Good Luck. :clover: Sue. :clover:
01 Oct 2013, 18:01
Ahh happy anniversary wendy!
That graph looks pretty good to me..a very definite downward swoop! X
01 Oct 2013, 18:26
Well done Wendy and keep going.
01 Oct 2013, 18:34
Wendy darling, just keep doing what you've been doing for the last six months and you'll get to your goal I'm sure. We started at around the same time and my goal weight is to get to the weight you started at!! Well done for sticking with it and losing the weight you have, because I know it's harder to lose the closer to a healthy weight you get. :smile: :victory:
01 Oct 2013, 19:31
Wendy, you have done brilliantly.

This is for life and you are definitely on the right track. Keep going and I am sure you will reach your goal pretty soon.

Lesley
02 Oct 2013, 18:58
Wendy keep going - I'm sure you will see some results soon, as others have. And you have lost nearly a stone in 6 months which is very impressive ... Well done and keep at it! :victory: :clover: :heart:
10 posts Page 1 of 1