The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Bingeing
08 Sep 2013, 20:02
I am new to the 5:2 and just wondered if any one else would overeat on fast days - once i start i just don't seem to be able to stop?! Hopefully this has just been some one offs and I just need to get into the routine! Please help...
Re: Bingeing
08 Sep 2013, 20:21
Welcome to the site. Maybe instead of doing a full 500 cal fast you should aim for some lower than normal calorie days a couple of times a week, with no bingeing on those or 'normal' days. Ease yourself into the eating plan. That way you can also work out which is the best way for you to do a fast day i.e. breakfast, lunch and dinner or only two meals or as many do the majority of calories used for the evening meal. Also, don't forget to stay properly hydrated on your fast days, drinking fluids will help keep you feeling full. Hope you find a way that works for you as this is a brilliant way of losing/controlling weight - and may have other health benefits. :clover:
08 Sep 2013, 20:53
I find eating anything on fast days triggers my hunger - if I don't eat at all, just stick to water and green tea - I'm fine. For the first couple of monts of doing 5:2 I didn't eat at all until dinner time, and ate all my calories then. Soon I found it was easier to not eat dinner either, and just wait until the next day.
08 Sep 2013, 22:52
Hi most of us have had that problem :shock:
I now eat evening meal only because once I actually start eating I become more hungry so now make it a 2 course meal by way of a reward for going the 24 hrs :heart: Much easier fastdays. :heart:
Obviously you need to keep yourself occupied so as not to be thinking of food all the time. Good Luck. :clover: Sue
08 Sep 2013, 23:32
asp999 wrote: I am new to the 5:2 and just wondered if any one else would overeat on fast days - once i start i just don't seem to be able to stop?! Hopefully this has just been some one offs and I just need to get into the routine! Please help...

The fix for me was to decide on the kind of meal I want, then find the ingredients.

If you just open the pantry or fridge without doing this first, every little thing looks really good as a potential meal and you'll subsconsciously nibble your way along because there's no criteria for deciding one thing over another.
09 Sep 2013, 00:31
I still get that once I start eating. To the stage where I am thinking of not eating at all on a fast day.
What helps a lot of us is to not eat until evening. The hunger pangs that are un activated seem milder than the ones which occur after you have eaten.

Eating low carb at the last meal before a fast also helps.

This thread really helped a lot of us... resources-links-f3/topic1499.html
6 posts Page 1 of 1