The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Blood donation
16 Sep 2013, 13:08
Hi,

I'll do a blood donation next week.

Normaly it's my fast day. Can I or it's better doing the fast day another day?

Thanks in advance :)
Re: Blood donation
16 Sep 2013, 13:11
They always if you have had something to eat before they take your donation so unless you are going to lie you will have to change your day
16 Sep 2013, 13:20
You can still do it on a fasting day, just make sure you eat something before and save some calories for afterwards. It would probably be better to have some kind of carbohydrate on this day, too, so if you don't mind using around 150 calories on carbs, then a piece of buttered toast or a bowl of cereal would be a good think to have beforehand. xx
16 Sep 2013, 13:32
Thanks for your responses
16 Sep 2013, 14:04
Personally I would change my fasting day- you really don't want to risk the embarassment of feeling faint!
16 Sep 2013, 14:15
I have moved my Fast days so that I didn't fast on a Blood Donation day, I didn't want to risk fainting afterwards
16 Sep 2013, 14:19
If it was me I'd change my day , because many years ago I went to donate blood and on a diet so was skipping breakfast never even thought anything about it and passed out cold over my cup of tea !!!
Then had to lie around an extra half hour so as to make sure I was ok.
:clover: Sue. :clover:
16 Sep 2013, 15:27
I've donated several times on fast days. No difference.
8 posts Page 1 of 1