The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
*BLOWN AWAY!
24 Dec 2013, 10:36
This is not about our wall that went missing in the storm! Actually it is not missing, we are still the proud owners of the garden wall it's just that it has been reduced to a much less useful or aesthetically pleasing configuration, yep, it is a heap of rubble on a par with any pile of rubble this side of Rome. Somehow I don't see it become a tourist attraction or be declared a World heritage site though.

No, all this talk of food and wine took me back to the day when, in a fit of Austrian pride hubs decided that we would have a typical Austrian dish. I can’t remember exactly what it was but I do remember that it included lots of cabbage washed down with lots of beer. Now, cabbage and beer together do not make for happy bed fellows at the best of times and a few hours later we were not happy bedfellows either. This was not the best of times. Due to the adverse reaction of putrefying vegetation combining with gaseous beer we were forced to abandon our home like some sort of political refugees, not knowing what devastation we would find on our return, if indeed, we were ever able to return at all. This move was vital if the curtains and other soft furnishings were to survive the poisonous emissions which were now taking over the house. The ozone layer would just have to look after itself. Talk about the ‘enemy from within,’ well, this internal enemy was determined to get out and we were powerless to stop it. You could’ve rigged us up to the national grid and we would have fired up a power station with ease. If we’d been stuck in the North Sea the other wind machines would’ve packed up and left us to it due to their feelings of inadequacy. I don’t know about global warming, we were more lethal than that, could’ve set the whole planet on fire. Thank goodness neither of us is a smoker. Hubs was highly amused but I didn’t see the joke, he was under strict instruction never, ever to do anything again like this. He tried to tell me that I was nagging and full of hot air, I pointed out that I don’t nag, I merely make reasonable requests, he nags! I did concede his point about the hot air though, it was difficult not to. Boys love to be loud and smelly and girls just don’t like it one little bit, besides, it was cold outside. He accused me of having no sense of humour. I retorted that I did have a sense of humour, I also had a sense of smell and it was being severely overtaxed at the moment, even in the open air, and no, I was not being picky! I remember the policeman in Brussels telling us that there were no pickpockets in Austria and I was amazed by this, not any more. I now know why. They eat and drink lots of cabbage and beer in Austria and obviously this is an effective deterrent against undesirables invading your personal space, even for your money. Cabbage and beer can be as effective as Zyclon B so do not go there, especially if you value your soft furnishings.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE xxx

Ballerina x :heart:
Re: *BLOWN AWAY!
24 Dec 2013, 11:00
Oh @Ballerina! you are priceless!
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
24 Dec 2013, 11:21
PMSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your hubby sounds like mine Ballerina, one big joke to them, IT AINT!!!!

Happy xmas !!! :-)
24 Dec 2013, 12:16
Brilliant! I worry about your mind Ballerina and how it goes off on those tangents of yours. In the meantime, send your rubble over here to Hadrian's Wall. We are short of a few stones.
Merry Christmas! :heart:
24 Dec 2013, 15:51
callyanna wrote: Oh @Ballerina! you are priceless!
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Couldn't have said it any better Callyanna! :lol: :lol:
24 Dec 2013, 16:08
:lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Let's hope we don't have any of this on PennyForthem's thread! Maybe we need to set aside a separate tent ... :shock:
24 Dec 2013, 16:32
A tent with a vent?

24 Dec 2013, 17:01
Ballerina wrote: A tent with a vent?

Yep - and not near one of those umbrella heater things! :lol: :lol: :shock:
25 Dec 2013, 23:19
Silverdarling wrote: