The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

14 posts Page 1 of 1
I've been so happy since I started this WOE. Ive seen my weight coming down slowly but surely and at 12 stone 10 I'm thinner than I've been for quite a while.

A few years ago I got down to 12 stone 8 on WW, actually 7 years ago. I'm so close to that now but instead of being delighted, which I am, I'm really nervous too.

When I got to that before I fell off the wagon and then put it all back on over time. I suppose I'm afraid with Christmas looming that the same will happen again.

I had a really bad weekend full of food, I fact I feel like I spent the weekend eating. I m fasting today and Im sure it will be fine as I usually find the Monday fast ok.

I just wish I was the other side of 12st. 8 heading into Christmas. I don't want to see 13 on the scale again!

Hope this makes sense! Just needed to get my fears out there?
Fear not. Just keep you head down and fast when you can, but enjoy your off days because its the holiday season and you need to join in.

I also had a dreadful weekend food wise, but I'm confident enough to know that its ok once in a while because fasting will repair the damage.

We can't be good all of the time and that's why we are doing this WOE.
This is a very difficult time of the year as you're surrounded by food, wherever you go. As you have lost so much since you started there is no reason why you can't pick it up in January.

I hope you won't feel too guilty about the food you have been eating. It might do wonders for resetting the body.
Hi @Jejum oh, I did exactly the same thing at WW, I put on more weight than I lost in about one fifth of the time it took to lose it, so demoralising. You will be fine on here I reached my target weight 9 months ago and am maintaining nicely and never feel deprived or have one of those 'could eat a scabby dog, then have his mate for afters' moments, it's GREAT!!!!!! :victory:

Ballerina x :heart:
Jejum,i' m not surprised youve got the jitters! I have too as the next week or so is all about giving/ receiving food and booze in all its forms...
Short of retiring to a desert island we have to deal with it to some degree ... its only for a little while..but for you its all come at the wrong time as youre hitting yr target
But like you said,youre fastimg today which will go a long long way to redress the overeating weekend and this is what makes it so different from last time you reached your goal
..this time you are very self aware ..you have your tools to prevent regaining the weight!
Keep weighing,allow self leeway of a fewpound/ kilos and make sure you dont overstep that boundary.
Many people here are maintaining well and so can you!
I am sure its just coz its xmas that youre feeling wobbly..and i understand..i am still far from target but right now i feel as if i could regain two stone in about two minutes if i'm not vigilant but in reality its not humanly possible to fall quite that far off the wagon! X
:clover: Hi jejum you had a "number" in mind that's no problem goals are good and give us something to aim for.
But Christmas is going to be a trying time for us all just do the best you can each day even 16:8 missing breakfast is good this I will do deffo then a cautious lunch
( excluding xmas day roast) a few treats along the way but more importantly fit in a complete fast occasionally, whenever your schedule allows, I'm not planning any particular day at this moment just deciding on a daily basis, because if we do a full day fast using my calories for evening meal only
Some leftover meat + large salad/veggies will be filling and satisfying meal, plus if we go over 500 this won't matter and is surely better than no fast :heart: :heart:
My xmas goal hasn't been met either and I'm not stressing about this I'm pleased with my results in my 8 months.
But the future for both of us is going to be a different story because no way will WE go back to bad habits, this WOL is different and sustainable :heart: you will see the 11 number next year I promise you, just as I will see your 12 number
:shock: You'll have me to answer to or else :shock: :shock:

You've done a brilliant job so far so be proud of you achievements and go steady/+cautious over the silly season because that's my idea, life is for living so on this WOL We can both live a little longer :clover: :clover: Sue :clover:
Hi Jejum

nothing I can really add to whats been said already, sound advice there, please don't beat yourself up, you will be fine and the new year is just around the corner!! with this WOE you wont go wrong, hang in there hun xx
Big weekend here too and just fasted today so I don't think you should worry as you are you are on track. This WOE is not WW as mentioned above and just press on with what you can do. A fast day scheduled where you can and maybe move your weigh ins until some respectable fasting efforts are under your belt
Thanks guys! I really appreciate the support. Fingers crossed it all goes well!
Hiya @Jejum we are nearly weight twins, at 12.9 I am not fasting at all at the moment, except a very loose 16.8.
Maybe a Christmas contingency plan is in order. Maintaining within a "Christmas buffer zone " so you don't put yourself under too much pressure which may, dampen Xmas and spoil your memory of your fabulous progress so far.
We always remember very low and very high points don't we, as we are all human. For many of us this is our first Christmas, I'm wondering what everyone else's plan of attack is.
I'm a bit wobbly here too. As well as the usual family filled days and evenings I also have my wedding Anniversary on the 27th, so I can only fast on the 23rd and the 28th. Though the 23rd will be a very short 16:8. Then there will be my daughters, boyfriend farewell party (he's moving to Dubai to work), then 2 weeks after that is my daughters farewell party as she heads out there too.
I'm doomed I tell Ya, doomed!
I know the feeling when it comes to bogey numbers because I was like that for a while with the 74kg mark, and that was even under this WOL. Eventually, I managed to break through that barrier, but I was very nervous leading up to that as I was still harbouring a lot of doubts about actually being capable of being below that weight at an official weekly weigh-in.

However, getting through that barrier then gave me the belief that this could be done and that in turn, gave me the confidence to be able to go on to my final target weight and enter into weight maintenance. The result of this is that I am now managing to maintain a weight of around 11 stone 5 pounds at my official weekly weigh-ins (which is the only time that I enter a result into my progress tracker) and I am quite happy with that.
Julieathome wrote: I'm a bit wobbly here too. As well as the usual family filled days and evenings I also have my wedding Anniversary on the 27th, so I can only fast on the 23rd and the 28th. Though the 23rd will be a very short 16:8. Then there will be my daughters, boyfriend farewell party (he's moving to Dubai to work), then 2 weeks after that is my daughters farewell party as she heads out there too.
I'm doomed I tell Ya, doomed!

You might be doomed Julie but you made me laugh out loud! Thanks for that!
I've also just hit a big target that I'd like to maintain. However, I do intend to let myself eat whenever and whatever I like for 3 days next week over Christmas, with fasts around it. I came to the conclusion a while ago that by letting go for a few days, I can't possibly put back on the 4.5 stone I've lost this year in that time. Yes, I might put on a few pounds, but we've now got this wonderful tool to deal with that.
14 posts Page 1 of 1