The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

10 posts Page 1 of 1
having slight issues with this today - few cramps and the like and several dashes to the ladies. I ate quark, and I've just had some atkins bread with P2P peanut butter and tummy is saying no no no. I saw a post on this before and can't for the life of me find it- anyone have anything easy to break their fast with - preferably low carb btw and high fat is fine

READ MY BLOG blog/jmousey/ :grin:
How about an omelette with some ham or a little cheese? I am a carb
breakfast girl myself- usually cereal for me!
Are you gluten sensitive? X
Generally I have a Yeo natural yogurt with milled flaxseed, sprinkle of mixed spice and a few blueberries. Gently yum!
Sausage, egg, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, black pudding, baked beans... *sigh*.... this is why I'm fat dot com.
Steady there, steady! A LITTLE of what you fancy does you good, thank goodness for the black and white sense of the TDEE to remind us what to do :0)
The proper fasters (3 days plus zero cals) recommend easily digestible fruit. Particularly papaya as it is supposed to contain some enzymes that aid digestion.
Always have my usual breakfast of porridge made with semi skimmed milk and a little honey, a slice of my homemade bread toasted with butter and homemade marmalade and a mug of black coffee! I always look forward to it and enjoy it!
Nothing ever upsets my tummy but I've noticed over the years that if I don't eat, or are unable to eat for whatever reason, then the roof of my mouth is unbearably painful when I do eat again. This happens with any fast I do so it cannot be a stress reaction, well, not an emotional stress anyway. It goes off quite quickly but it is very painful and I read today that it is not uncommon after a fast but I'd never heard of that side effect before. Does anyone else suffer from this?

Ballerina x :heart:
thanks guys - I might look into the fruit thing - or maybe the ommlette either. Everyone is always so helpful.

@ballerina funny I get that when I'm run down but not necessarily when I fast. I'm usually run down due to stress so basically the same thing
10 posts Page 1 of 1