The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Brief update
27 Jul 2013, 13:54
My 5:2 journey has slowed right down. I have been enjoying this WOE since the end of Jan but the total loss is only 10.2kgs. I say 'only' but am very proud of this but think I need to eat less calories on normal days. I'm fanatical about not going over 500 on my two fast days. Am plodding on!

I really need to move things along faster as want to lose another 10 kilos by end December. Should I try a week of 4:3 to shake things up again?
Re: Brief update
27 Jul 2013, 14:44
Hi Peta,
Well done on your weight loss so far 10.2kg is a huge achievement, you should feel very proud.
Have you checked your TDEE since you got smaller? it will have gone down and that is the number you are aiming for on non-fast day, and 25% of that on Fast days.
There are loads of strategies on here to beat the dreaded plateau, - 4:3, 16/8, low carb, more exercise see which looks like it will fit your needs the best.
In the mean time :star:
27 Jul 2013, 15:27
Thanks so much SianS! My TDEE appears to be 2264 which seems quite high given my weight loss but I'm still very overweight so maybe it's correct.
27 Jul 2013, 22:51
Hi Pets yes I'd try 4:3 to mix it up a bit to confuse your body :like:
Well done with the weight lost so far, Good Luck :clover: Sue
28 Jul 2013, 03:28
congratulations that's a huge weight loss. I would say just keep doing what you're doing. some results posted on here showed no advantage doing 4:3 over 5:2. well done!
28 Jul 2013, 03:29
congratulations that's a huge weight loss. I would say just keep doing what you're doing. some results posted on here showed no advantage doing 4:3 over 5:2. well done!
28 Jul 2013, 07:29
I began liquid fasting which initially speeded loss but now seems back to normal, although this is really just because it suits me, if I think I've over eaten I do a flexible 4:3, so the third fast is sometimes until lunchtime, sometimes teatime and sometimes straight through. Leaving it open makes it more achievable, the other two I am strict. The other thing I do on normal days which has made a big difference is to eat a later breakfast as it means I don't get the mid morning munchies and I also try to have an evening cut off 7-8pm after which I don't eat any more. I have averaged about 1.2lbs a week since beginning of January, I also get motivated weeks where I feel all inspired and cut portion sizes/don't snack etc and other weeks where I'm more relaxed, seems to help keep my body shedding weight pretty consistently.
Good luck, you have done really well :0)
7 posts Page 1 of 1