The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

3 posts Page 1 of 1
I had a totally relaxed weekend, eaten some really nice food. Not exceptional food, as in top restaurant food, but good solid, fill your plate English pub food. Plus breakfasts (paid for so I was going to have something). The little mini pastries with sultanas and custard were a bit moreish.

So what was different about this time and previous weekends away, prior to 5:2.

First I wasn't feeling guilty about it, I was there to enjoy myself, eat food prepared by someone else, and not wash a single dish for the whole weekend.

secondly, I had a pudding on one of the evenings, still no feelings of guilt.

thirdly, I pushed away the plate when I felt full, instead of feeling that I should eat everything, because it was paid for (totally contradicting the breakfast and hotel mindset).

Forth, I didn't drink any alcohol the whole weekend, and there was plenty of it floating about. I didn't feel the need for it. I was perfectly able to join in without the need for a boozy crutch.

Fifthly, I spent an awful lot of time standing and walking around, including two fast paced 'yomps' into town to help out a friend who had a stall and couldn't leave it, but needed stuff. Boy do my legs and butt feel it today.

So I am really wondering what the scales will say on Tuesday. I think it will be up. There was food, a missed fast day and probably fluid retention because of sore muscles to increase the weight. But, to balance the scales, there was a LOT of physical activity, loads more than usual, plus a need for a shake up to get me off this mini plateau.

Roll on tomorrow for a nice cleansing fast day and a weigh in on Tuesday.
Hi Julie Glad you had a good time away ( new bra by any chance?)lol
Holidays are a time to enjoy and you did so next move Fast, sorted next move to repair damage done while away :heart: we now have all the tools to do that repair. Good Luck :clover: Sue
Hope you get a pleasant surprise when you get on the scales on Tuesday (I did after my weekend away) but even if you don't, you still had a great time and that's the main thing. I think the wonderful thing about this WOL is that it frees us from all the guilt and angst if we go off-track for a bit (not that you did much!) - so easy to get back on track.
3 posts Page 1 of 1