The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
My son is getting married next month so yesterday I bit the bullet and went off with a friend to one of those fancy shops to choose an outfit. I've done this once before when my daughter was married three years ago. The outfit was stunning at the time, but I've lost nearly two stones since then so things have changed.

Well it was really fun to try all these glamorous fitted dresses and they looked fab too. I hardly recognised myself as I'm normally a jeans person.
The ladies in the shop were really interested in 5:2 and impressed with the results.

I'm still a work in progress but I'm confident that I will look great on the big day.
Mother of the groom is great fun and I bet you'll look great. I was smiling at your comment about telling the sales women all about 5.2 - I find myself doing that all the time now, especially when shopping for clothes! It's a if I'm on a recruitment drive! :smile:
How exciting choosing a new outfit for a slimmer you. My son has a proposal in mind when he is next on holiday with his partner but no idea yet when a wedding might be. Nevertheless I need to improve my weight loss if I am going to be slimmer by next year! So my newly bought Jane Fonda exercise DVDs will have to be used to also tone me up in expectation of a wedding next year :smile:
Will you post a photo of you in your new outfit Gillb?
OOHhh Gillb I bet you felt like a million dollars and you will look that way on the day :heart: it must have felt terrific to try those styles in dresses
Can't remember the last time I actually wore a dress :heart:
Good Luck on the day :clover: Sue. :clover:
Exciting ...love a good wedding. My daughter gets married next April and I hope I have as much fun as you in choosing the outfit..! However I want to drop another 14lbs minimum by then!..
A wedding is such a wonderful event and mammy's are understandably so proud.
It's even better when you feel so good about yourself,
Congratulations on your weight loss and I hope you and your family have a wonderful day.
How fun Gillb ! Most fun I have ever had was at our son's wedding 4 years ago ! All the fun but not the stress that the brides parents were going through !! :curse: I bet you will look mawwwvelous and will feel even better :grin: Post a picture for us to see your glam :smile:
How lovely to able to choose an outfit without having to worry,will this fit
I had a wonderful outfit as Mother of the Bridelast year,but i would have looked so much better in a few sizes smaller..and wedding photos are forever so its great if you look your best,which i am sure you will
Well done and enjoy every moment of the Big Day! X
One of the fabulous rewards of 5:2!
Pictures please Gilb.x
9 posts Page 1 of 1