The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Calorie counting
19 Feb 2014, 16:08
Did anyone read the health pages in the Mail on Sunday? There was a guy who claimed to be on the 5:2 plan, but the nutritionists calculated he was consuming more than 2000 calories on his fast day. His snacks alone came to almost 600 calories. How could you get it so wrong?

The study was focused on different eating plans aimed at controlling weight.

Paulyboy :?:
Re: Calorie counting
19 Feb 2014, 16:39
I read that article too and thought he must be a bit stupid not to realise he was nowhere near achieving 600 cals on his fast days.
19 Feb 2014, 16:46
Chris P wrote: I read that article too and thought he must be a bit stupid not to realise he was nowhere near achieving 600 cals on his fast days.

:heart: Ditto my thoughts exactly @Chris P I think most of us are aware of overestimating our cal by 100 never mind eating 2000cals. :heart: Sue
19 Feb 2014, 17:10
That supposed 5:2 guy is not following the plan in any way at all! I guess if he usually eats 4000 - 5000 cal on regular days, 2000 cal 2X weekly is a deficit but it ain't 5:2 . And 2000cal any day is not a fast by any definition
Why would they pick such a self-deluded example to illustrate this WOL :?:
19 Feb 2014, 17:46
Don't you just HATE it when we get misrepresented.....it makes me so mad! :curse: Why can't they pick someone better as an example instead of trying to skew the results and put people off with their comments. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR This was not 5:2! :shout:
6 posts Page 1 of 1