The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Calories in healthy food!!!
08 Sep 2013, 01:25
I am back to fasting as I have put on a bit despite eating what I thought was a healthy diet
I made these yummy date choc slices,no sugar etc so decided to check the calories
Only to find three dates has as many calories as a few squares of dark choc
So there you go .personally I would rather have the choc and I didn't just eat one healthy slice
Hmmm might be reason for weight gain.
Re: Calories in healthy food!!!
08 Sep 2013, 02:02
Yep. Watch out for those calories. Cals in healthy foods can sabotage your goals just like alcohol IMHO.
Other healthy foods high in cals are nuts and avocados. Some yoghurts are calorie, sugar and fat dense. Dried fruits are sugar and calorie dense.
These are foods where portion size really does matter.
Here endeth the lecture ... (sorry folks).
08 Sep 2013, 08:19
Sarahg, I recommend this video if you haven't seen it already: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlQHXkO ... r_embedded

It is the third part of 'The Men Who Made Us Fat', and talks about the 'health halo'--basically people equating healthy with low cal.
08 Sep 2013, 10:18
Thanks,will watch it
I think that is my problem.i think of myself a a very health eater.i don't eat cake ,biscuits ice cream, sweets at all only a bit of dark choc but I eat a lot of so called healthy food like nuts which are very fattening.
4 posts Page 1 of 1