The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

21 posts Page 1 of 2
Calories in wine?
19 May 2014, 20:53
This has probably been asked a hundred and one times already, but I shall still make it a hundred and two! :p

How many calories roughly in an average small glass of rose wine? I managed to get my hands on a case of Douglas Greens Sunkissed Rose off Amazon, but since it has no info on the bottle, wondered if there was a rough calorific amount?
Re: Calories in wine?
19 May 2014, 21:02
@DragonsHeart, according to www.myfitnesspal.com 175ml of rose is 124cals. Do you use MFP? Its great for logging the cals. Its the onky way I know if I am over eating (or drinking!).
19 May 2014, 21:03
I THINK there's about 80-100 cals in a small glass of wine DH but i prefer to believe the old wives tale that all alcoholic drinks are completely calorie free! :lol: x
19 May 2014, 21:09
Another tip is to make a spritzer! Last summer I was simply dying for some wine and someone here suggested it - half a glass of wine and seltzer. It really is perfect for a hot summer evening!
19 May 2014, 21:20
Hi @nycnyc2013, sounds good, but what is seltzer? Is it like mineral water? Is it fizzy or still?
19 May 2014, 21:51
@jools7Fizzy. Also nice with diet ginger, lime etc.m-m-m-m-m-mm-m-
20 May 2014, 00:45
Yes, just bubbly water! Is the name seltzer American? I didn't realize! Some people also call it soda water. I would say it is more bubbly than mineral water. I have a little machine called "soda stream" and I take tap water and it adds gas to make it into bubbly water. I drink tons of it during fasts, alone or with a squeeze of lemon. See, isn't it great having such an international crowd!
20 May 2014, 01:15
Calories notwithstanding wine is made from grapes. Grapes are a fruit. Therefore, each glass of wine counts as 1 serve toward your five+ a day of fruit and veg... :grin: :drink: :lol:
20 May 2014, 06:14
I think there's been a spot of predictive text here
jools7 wrote: Hi @nycnyc2013, sounds good, but what is seltzer? Is it like mineral water? Is it fizzy or still?

Spritzer is wine with soda water. Some places will put lemonade in. Don't let them, the cals will go up up up,

Not that I'm encouraging anyone to drink too much booze. BUT...
Try white wine, it's lower carbs, maybe a gin and tonic or vodka, any strong clear alcohol is lower carbs as no sugar in them. With diet mixer of course.
20 May 2014, 07:08
@scubachick I use Nutracheck, it's like myfitnesspal, but you pay for it, I love it cause it's a british app that has nearly all the food I eat on it, can also add your own recipes in a private menu and can add food to the database!

@juliewil10 I like it! Think that gives me the perfect excuse to drink lots of it! ;)
20 May 2014, 07:32
a small glass is 1/2 pint is it not lol :oops: :oops: :oops:
20 May 2014, 08:07
Thats right, 2 glasses to a bottle......
20 May 2014, 08:23
juliewil10 wrote: Thats right, 2 glasses to a bottle......

Oohhh I'm doing better than I thought then because sometimes I only have one glass in my special 750m glass
even better than yours @philxjr :shock: :shock: :shock:
20 May 2014, 08:31
I LOVE wine, especially when out drinking with friends - but I've found that a vodka lime and soda does the trick for me as a lower calorie substitue. G&T is good too as carieoates said xxx
21 posts Page 1 of 2