The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Can't eat a whole pizza anymore
24 Oct 2013, 12:00
We went for our monthly pizza and to my consternation, I only could eat half of it ! :shock: It's a huge change for me as it never happened before. It's not that it wasn't good or I felt sick, just that I was full.

One thing is different from before and could explain why it happened, I eat a lot more slowly now and it seems that the "full" signals are much more clearer because of that, clearer and stronger as well,when they come, there's no use to even try to have a bite of anything,even with salted butter caramel on it :grin:

Of course, the fact that I am 30 kilos lighter must be for something as well.... :wink:
That's great news. Learning to listen to your body is one of the great benefits of fasting IMHO.
Hi Manderlay :heart:
Weird feeling that when we notice it for the first time, like you I now eat slower than I used to, but last week on my holiday I couldn't finish a lunchtime tuna salad nothing else with it but pushed it away two thirds into the meal :heart:
Good that we are now in control rather than the other way round. Well done to you/me i say :clover: Sue. :clover:
That must have been wonderful for you! :victory: :victory: I'm a plate clearer, but on holiday last week, I could not get through my meals either. However I still over ate, but not to the same extent as I would have done before this new WOE :grin: :grin:
In fact I barely knew hunger before I began to diet. It was not a good thing as I sometimes forgot to eat because of it and didn't know when I was full either. Now I don't really know hunger but try to be more disciplined about when I eat.

The strangest thing is I had this pizza I was looking forward to just after my 2 liquid fasts in a raw so one could suppose I would be starving but no. I wonder if, after all this time on a proper diet my body learned to switch on an off the full signs :?:
Definitely a huge reduction on the appetite for me after 7 months. I know the stomach doesnt shrink as you lose weight though you would swear it did. and thats without stomach surgery! cause i now people with such surgery definitely have less appetite.

I recall for about 6 months or late last year there were times i would actually constantly eat and then want more within 30 minutes of eating. and not necessarily good things . the day i started to eat milo or drinking chocolate on icecream and butter sandwiches and butter spread on biscuits and that was after a huge meal i knew something was up.

My weight didnt blow out that much but i guess at least 4 or 5 kg. such that i even started to look pregnant.

I wonder sometimes where i would be if i didnt see the MM program on TV about this diet that night in April.
I read that the brain takes 20 minutes to give the signals "I'm full". That's why eating slowly is a plus. Also one shouldn't eat in front of the TV or do anything else at the same time but, when I eat alone, if I don't do something else, I WILL eat really quickly, so.....

I didn't eat constantly but I could have a really fatty meal for example cheese fondue and profiteroles for dessert and don't do a portion control and, the same evening, have a "normal" meal. It's not possible now. When I have a "big" lunch (even if it's nothing compare to before) I would only have a hot beverage for dinner

I wonder, however, if the stomach don't shrink as everything else does anyway. My belly shrank a lot, we can even see a bit of abs now so why not ?

I just found that

Myth or Fact: If you cut down on your food intake, you'll eventually shrink your stomach so you won't be as hungry.

Answer: Myth. Once you are an adult, your stomach pretty much remains the same size -- unless you have surgery to intentionally make it smaller. Eating less won't shrink your stomach, says Moyad, but it can help to reset your "appetite thermostat" so you won't feel as hungry, and it may be easier to stick with your eating plan

That may be a kind of explanation
7 posts Page 1 of 1