The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
As above, please help!

Is it the change in seasons? I seem to be nibbling my way through my days again!

Even sticking to my fasts is a struggle. Help me please!
I had a similar problem for several days over the weekend and various people mentioned Autumn Feed Syndrome - which I need to look into! I don't think the cold weather helps, how about having a nice hot drink instead of nibbling? :)
There is a but of autumn feed syndrome going on at the moment on the forums so you are not alone. What are you eating? The way to stop it is to quit sugar and carbs if you can and load up on either meat or cheese, or if you are vegan, nuts (so to speak). In other words - fat and protein. The sugar monster tends to be on the prowl a lot this time of year capturing anyone who falls for his charms, normally disguised as Father Christmas (seasonal eating). Soup Is good and bitter veg eg broccoli and kale is excellent for blunting the appetite. Also don't snack, just stick to mealtimes.

I have a whole roasted cauliflower for my tea tonight with Indian spices roasted with coconut oil. It's only a couple of hundred calories but it's huge and will stop me from over eating later on, especially as I'm up to myTDEE today.
rawkaren wrote: I have a whole roasted cauliflower for my tea tonight with Indian spices roasted with coconut oil. It's only a couple of hundred calories but it's huge and will stop me from over eating later on, especially as I'm up to myTDEE today.

Hi Karen

How you doing the cauli ? Florets in the oven with the spices on top ?
Minigill wrote:
rawkaren wrote: I have a whole roasted cauliflower for my tea tonight with Indian spices roasted with coconut oil. It's only a couple of hundred calories but it's huge and will stop me from over eating later on, especially as I'm up to myTDEE today.

Hi Karen

How you doing the cauli ? Florets in the oven with the spices on top ?

It's supposed to be a whole baby cauliflower, but mine weighs 300g. :lol: I mixed the coriander, cumin and garam masala into a tablespoon of melted coconut oil (I suppose curry powder will also do), and anointed it kept whole. It's now in the oven smelling lovely. The recipe is from Olive magazine who also add toasted hazelnuts and a caper raita on the side (Greek yogurt, shallots, coriander leaves and capers), but I didn't have enough calories left for that as well :cry: :cry:
Have had the same problem! Also wanting to eat completely different food - as carb heavy as possible.

In my case, I think the weather is the cause. Thats not likely to get better anytime soon so I've been trying to get my head around the change in how I feel.

Things I've done are:-

- Joined the Christmas Club to give me a goal as I am usually flexible

- Drinking more hot drinks instead of water

-Just accepting that I feel like more carbs at this time of the year, just like I feel like less in summer, and planning totally different meals. I'm making sure they are as unprocessed as possible though. Other people are saying to stay away from carbs but I was finding it really difficult and binging on sugar. By allowing the complex carbs, I find it easier.

- Only planning to do a 16:8 and continuing for a fast day if I feel like it. This felt better than attempting a fast and changing to 16:8 halfway through the day.

- The reserve, not used yet, failsafe of low calorie hot chocolate is on standby! :smile:

Today is my first fast day that has felt as easy as they had become in the summer and I think its down to being flexible and kind to yourself. We are all different, I'm sure you can tweak things a bit to get your mojo back!

Good luck :clover:
Really like the sound of the cauli with spices - will defo try it!
Thanks. It's good to know I'm not alone. I was hoping to hit an interim goal this week but I can't see it happening.
8 posts Page 1 of 1