The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

16 posts Page 1 of 2
Clothes shopping
03 Nov 2013, 11:16
Some of my pants for work are no longer fitting (e.g. baggy and uncomfortable) so I went shopping yesterday. I can now fit Austr size 12 but the ones I liked were still a bit tight around my thighs. I was thinking of buying them as I think I will fit into them in a few weeks' time but I didn't as I have been in that situation some years ago and fashion changed before I lost the weight.

Now I wonder if this would have given me extra incentive as I am not looking forward to fasting tomorrow and might skip a day. Any thoughts?
Re: Clothes shopping
03 Nov 2013, 11:19
Go back forthem, fast tomorrow and aim to wear them over Christmas!
03 Nov 2013, 11:33
I stopped buying clothes just for the'' in-case I do'' :shock:
But now i'm much stronger and feel in control so now I would and did buy an aspirational top about 6 weeks ago in the sales it cost me £5 is a reasonable make and I will be able to wear it over Christmas :victory: if you in total control and know you'll fit into soon Yes buy them :heart: Sue
03 Nov 2013, 11:45
Yes buy them. I have an aspirational pair of trousers that I have only worn a couple of times, so nearly new. I try them on every Monday to see how I'm progressing. Much more motivational than stepping on the scales and keeps me focused on getting into them. :like:
03 Nov 2013, 12:41
I agree, buy them...it's good to have something to aspire too and this diet is different; so you're going to get there this time. Try to look at a fast day in a positive light...a rest from eating. Happy shopping.
03 Nov 2013, 19:01
I'd buy them and look on them as an added incentive as a reward for reaching your goal in the Christmas club!
04 Nov 2013, 11:39
Buy them. Then post back here when they fit. They will!
04 Nov 2013, 13:25
Buy them! I often buy aspirational clothing, and you'll be SO PLEASED when you put them on and they fit perfectly!
07 Nov 2013, 08:23
I went back to the shops, tried a different design (but still Veronika Main) and fitted a size 10. :heart: First time in about 15 years that I even tried that size. Little bit tight but if I keep doing 5:2, and I don't see why I'd stop, then they should fit perfectly before December. Normally I'd celebrate such a purchase with something tasty, but better not today. :wink:
07 Nov 2013, 08:30
I seem to be a size 15 currently. Obviously this is rubbish as the size does not exist. Size 16 is big and 14 just too tight *sigh*
I remember when I was size 20 and dropped to size 17 and complained in a similar way ...
Hahahahaha
Happy to be less :0)
07 Nov 2013, 08:32
Doesn't seem to matter what weight I am, through my transistion as well, I am always in between sizes :)
07 Nov 2013, 08:59
Agree the I between size is annoying except when you are back to that size you used to be in your early 20s. I am size 13 in some things again which for me is much better than size 18
07 Nov 2013, 09:13
Buy them!! I agree with RawKaren by trying on a particular piece of clothing to give you motivation, determination etc... I'm still in the process of loosing a great deal of weight so has yet I'm not trying on any clothes that I have stored away.
07 Nov 2013, 11:25
I agree, buy a garment that motivates you. I made a skirt (just a simple A-line skirt) and six weeks ago it fit me like a glove. I am wearing it today and it is already getting too big. I can still wear it and it fits me better than anything else in my wardrobe. I am glad that it was just a cheap denim as I can see the day when it won't fit anymore (for all the good reasons).

Another thing I have noticed is as I am "shopping" through my old clothes there are summer clothes that are too big and I missed out on wearing them (I am in Australia). So I am all for having a motivational garment.

I look forward to your post when you fit into your motivational garment.
07 Nov 2013, 21:22
Azureblue wrote: I seem to be a size 15 currently. Obviously this is rubbish as the size does not exist. Size 16 is big and 14 just too tight *sigh*
I remember when I was size 20 and dropped to size 17 and complained in a similar way ...
Hahahahaha
Happy to be less :0)

I had a day out today shopping for a dress to wear for my Mum's 80th birthday party in a couple of weeks time ... like azureblue I have gone between sizes - from size 15 to size 13! Well not on everything :wink:.... but it is the first time for years that I have tried on DRESSES ... Separates you can get away with top and bottom half being a different size :wink: but with dresses, no way :shock: I had forgotten just how scary it is shopping for dresses :shock: :shock: :shock:

But the good news is that mostly I tried on size 12s and fitted most of them (tho some were a little tight) - and even one size 10!

YES A SIZE 10 :shock: :shock: :shock: :cool: :cool: :cool: !!!!!

Ended up buying a size 12 black lace dress ... and feeling very pleased with myself!
:cool: :victory: :cool: :victory:

So to everybody else - keep going - that smaller size is just over the horizon... .
:cool: :victory: :clover:
16 posts Page 1 of 2