The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Coconut oil.. or butter?
06 Oct 2013, 13:21
Hi every one..

Have a question about all this talk about coconut oil and butter.

Does it have same benefits: coconut oil and butter??

I have tried to eat a teaspoon of this organic virgin cold pressed coconut oil but .. bvrrrrd.. I can' eat it raw.. so that is why I am asking.. are you using coconut butter for eating and coconut oil for use elsewhere? :confused: ..

And how much per day?? If it is 2 tablespoons, I guess it is a lot of calories in the daily intake going for this only?

Sorry for all the questions.. Hope somebody can help me :smile: .

Pia
Re: Coconut oil.. or butter?
06 Oct 2013, 14:58
I usually eat a good teaspoon of coconut butter as a treat a day. Too expensive to go mad on it!
06 Oct 2013, 16:38
Hey Pia,
(sorry, can't bring myself to call you pist (unless I knew you better and we'd had a night out on the razz!)
Are you talking about cows butter or coconut butter?
Yes, 240 cals possibly seems a lot, but if you are low carb then it's not really and fat really does fill you and keeps you going.
I think it depends on the taste that you like - some things scream out for butter and imo it's worth the few pennies more to look for organic grass fed which is better for you. Where I live in Scotland there's an excellent dairy just up the road which does just that (Grahams) but I probably use just as much coconut oil because I like the taste. :razz:
Butter tends to be used for fried and scrambled eggs, and coconut oil for stirfries and coffees. I very often put a dollop of coconut oil on certain veggies like green beans, courgettes, aubergines and butternut squash. Love it on sweet potatoes too, but Béarnaise sauce give me butter all the way!
Throw away all those horrible low fat spreads and eat the real McCoy :smile:
Real food, real fat, yes bring it on!!
10 Oct 2013, 13:20
lads try coconut water - sweet and nutty and low calorie
4 posts Page 1 of 1