The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

36 posts Page 3 of 3
Tara25 wrote:
Azureblue wrote: I was a latte girl but now enjoy decaf americano every day. I make a pot of decaf illy in my mukka using water not milk, tastes great and just 5 calories.
Pukka cleanse tea is also good, ...

I clicked into this thread because I'm a big coffee drinker, but woah! That right there is a whole other language!

americano, illy, mukka and pukka cleanse are not words usually ever heard in this part of the world. I googled but I"m still not sure what mukka is.

Funny that supposedly we're both speaking English :bugeyes:

Ok, it's ok, in fact it's all good!
Americano is one shot of espresso coffee with hot water to make a bigger black coffee;
illy is a make of ground espresso coffee bought from supermarkets in a tin;
mukka is a type of stove-top coffee pot made by Bialetti usually used for making cafe latte, milky coffee;
Pukka is a manufacturer of really nice herb teas amongst other stuff, their cleanse tea contains nettle and dandelion root.

:geek: :grin:
Interesting! I must look into the mukka thingy (although I do own a slightly hideously expensive espresso machine) - I'm always interested in coffee accessories.
You gals made me laugh so hard...I read mukka and took me a while (I needed to pronounce it well) to figure out that what you meant is the "moca"!!! Azureblue is right!! "Mukka" is the little family-style coffee maker every italian has at home, and travels with (+ 1 can of Illy coffee, Mr. Illy lives in Trieste, North East of Italy). As you can see, we italians love our mocas (you should see how cute is the one person size) and are very proud of our coffee traditions. However, if I read mukka with italian pronunciation it reads "cow". Still laughing....wait that I tell my mom (she does not speak english).
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mukka-Express-S ... B000AA89GW

It looks like a cow because it takes milk!
Ahhh, it makes cappuccino. Interesting. It is made by Bialetti, an italian company, and I am sure they are playing with the word: in english it sounds like moca (or moka) and in italian it sounds like mucca, cow. Still very funny. And it is also very cute, it looks good in any kitchen.
Oh dear it won't work on an induction hob :cry: I had hoped that it was a simple coffee machine I could use as well as my cafetierre without having an expensive electric capsule using one!
36 posts Page 3 of 3