The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
OK so it's just the Coffs Coast Advocate, it's hardly The Australian - but it is trending in online news sites this morning, which is how I found it.

A NZ 'expert' who is a dietician and nutritionist rather than medically qualified is speaking out against 5:2.
"This is what the 5:2 diet boils down to - a radical and unhealthy start to any weight-loss programme and a longterm ticking timebomb for a mental breakdown."

Thankfully there are some reasonable refuting quotes from Dr M.

At least it's opening up the discussion ... right? :dazed:

http://www.coffscoastadvocate.com.au/ne ... n/2044702/
I think the 'expert' should have a read of this forum.
Just read the article, what a load of baloney, or another b word I am very fond of ending in ollocks :wink:
Obviously doesn't keep up with the science behind it. If official nutritional advice worked no one would be overweight would they?
Exactly, debs. As Dr M says in the article, "We know what the advice is. The advice is eat well and do more exercise. And we also know that's been falling on deaf ears for 20 years."
A 'mental breakdown' eh? Ooh I'd say that was just a BIT over dramatic. What a load of b*** :-)
5 posts Page 1 of 1