The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

16 posts Page 1 of 2
Just moaning.

Why oh why does the human body start wanting food when its cold, wet, and I mean torrential downpours type of wet, and miserable, British autumnal weather?

I'm cold and hungry and needing soup, but its 2 hours at least till dinner.

*Grumbles off to get a duvet to cuddle under*
Julie, I have better than a duvet to cuddle under, it is a heated throw, a bit like an electric blanket but you just throw it over you whilst on the sofa watching rubbish TV and drinking lovely wine and shovelling chocolates down your throat. It is not slimming but boy is it lovely!!!! :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
Instant miso soup - 30 calories for a warming, filling cup - is my answer! Though probably you don't want to go out int the downpour to get some.... But maybe next time you feel this way...

Good luck, Julie. Remember it's ONLY 2 hours till dinner.
Mug of bouillon can also hit the spot :0)
Feeling exactly the same Julie..
Its cold and pouring down and i need some hot comforting food!
I have caved in and had a small cup of tea with a splash of milk( i miss my cuppa even more than food)
Just seen one neighbour off for an early dinner at the noodle bar and gorgeous smells of a casserole coming from another neighbours house..
Today has been difficult!
Oh well our dindin time creeps ever closer and closer! Stay strong Julie i am with you in spirit! X
A teacup of Cadbury Highlights (20kcal) and my 'freddie' (a microwave heated wheatbag which smells so tasty on a fast day...) are my answer to the cold & hungry days.
A nice pot of tea chai style - loose leaf tea, knob of ginger sliced, piece of cinnamon stick, one small hot chilli, few fennel seeds and generous amount of green bashed cardamom pods. pour over boiling water and leave to infuse for 5 minutes - sip slowly, you're in the foothills of the Himalayas and the sun is shining down on you -warming, heavenly and calorie free!
We are experiencing similar weather in Crete (Eastern Mediterranean) and I have definitely gone into winter mode so goodness only knows how I will feel when the winter weather comes! Although I have been maintaining for some time I hope I don't succumb to the choccy monster!
It was just like that yesterday here in Tassie, it bucketed all day and only got to 10 degrees. I succumbed and lit the woodfire and cuddled with pooch on the sofa sharing hot buttered toast!
Poor CandiceMarie! I too understand how hard it is when the weather is cold and grey, although I wouldn't have thought that a cup of tea with milk was too bad!
Bouillon for me as well when I'm cold and cranky on a fast day. Chicken seems to be the most soothing :-)
I agree with Ballerina. I too have a heated throw and I love it - so snuggly and warm on the sofa in winter.

However I am surprised that the UK posters think it was cold today. It was certainly wet but it was quite warm here in the Midlands :smile:
Feeling for N.Hempisherers going into the cold. I hate hate hate cold and winter, anything below 20 and I'm Not. Happy. Luckily we have a short winter, and I was away in Pacific Island Paradise for nearly a month of it.
I'm with Ballerina and windsinger123. I love my electric throw rug. My cat loves it too!
On cold, dreary, rainy type of days my thing is I want to sleep all day long. It doesn't really spark my appetite. We are still having "Indian Summer" here. It was a little rainy/cloudy early in the day but warm and sunny by noonish. I think it got up to 82.
16 posts Page 1 of 2