The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Craving Carbs - Time of Year?
27 Oct 2013, 11:23
Oh my.... in the last couple of weeks it has hit me hard! With the change in the weather a massive carb-craving has hit. I'm wondering whether it is a biological thing.... in evolution humans would surely have needed to take more on board this time of year for the times of scarcity ahead in the winter months. Our brains KNOW that food is available all year round, but my body really doesn't seem to be communicating with my brain at the moment!!! :confused:

I'm managing to find the balance with my maintaining though, so I'm fundamentally doing OK (apart from "Dumpling-gate" last week :wink: )
Same here, I blame the cold and bronchitis I have just had (still coughing). At the worst I put on 5lb last week. I am now stuggling to get my weight back down to what it was, and still struggling with the carb frenzy.

I do think that 2 mince pies, a bar of chocolate and a half bag of chocolate caramels was going too far though.
Me too. However I have decided to deliberately up my daily carb intake so I don't end up binging. It's working and I have still managed to stay off the sugar completely.
I always crave carbs but now we are getting into cold dark days,it will be worse
Hope i can manage my fast days..will have to keep muttering repair,repair and remembering that the elves are busy tinkering with my innards ( ooh that sounds vaguely rude! )
Why oh why are carbs so yummy! :confused:
4 posts Page 1 of 1