The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

12 posts Page 1 of 1
My daily weighing regime every morning makes me so in tune with my weight. Im surprised just how much i can almost predict my weight by how I feel and to a certain extent if my stomach looks larger than it should!

One of the reasons i love daily weighing as it puts me in tune with whats going on weight wise and size wise more than i could possibly do if it was weekly, or worse monthly. This along with Progress tracker on the forum makes weighing not a burden but a tool that I have where i can judge the consequences of eating behaviour or lack of activity/exercise.

e.g. I did a bad thing yesterday and ate way over my TDEE I think so i just knew it would reflect this morning, as it did.

I haven't seen that weight for a good 2 weeks. Extra fast day for me today. That's 4 days for the week which is not normal but feel I better to get back down to where I was late last week.

Anyone else find that just know their weight by how they feel or look before even stepping on the scales?
Somewhat, just as I'm waking if my knees are a bit painful from touching then I know I'll be down a bit in weight. They aren't used to not having as much padding between them. If I am retaining fluid or have a gained a bit then then they aren't as painful.
Yes, definitely. 9 times out of 10 I can simply subtract 3 pounds from my evening weight to accurately predict the next mornings' weight.

A food log and the Progress Tracker's trend line are an ideal stress-relieving combination. Up or down, you can quickly identify probable cause.

This morning was unusual as I was much lower than expected making another new low for this WOE so far. Weight-wise I'm back at least 15-20 years.
I oddly enough love weighing myself every morning. It keeps me in check but I can't guess it though. I might have a general idea like I will be less after a fast and more
Monday morning after the weekend. I like that I can't always guess though because it can be a good surprise sometimes. Like if its lower than I would have guessed. I always weigh myself after I've pooped but before I eat and today I forgot to before I are and it's bugging me! Haha
Thought I hit submit, but anyway here it goes again:

I'm a daily weigher too. I love doing that every morning. I can usually tell I will weigh less by looking at my tummy/waist. If I fast or exercise, I can expect to weigh a few pounds less the next morning. I even know how much my poop and pee weigh!
ADFnFuel wrote: This morning was unusual as I was much lower than expected making another new low for this WOE so far. Weight-wise I'm back at least 15-20 years.

Congratulations on your new low! I love those. im a bit way off my last NL hence the extra fast day for me.
re the waiting till your BM (poop) hehe. love it. Do the same and always feel excited when its a bigger than normal one (sorry for TMI) cause you know thats at least xxxxx grams less on the scales.

This WOL definitely puts you in touch with your inner you. (physiologically speaking) which cant be a bad thing. Its when we are not in touch that the weight creeps on without knowing.
I had not weighed myself for, oh.........more years than I care to remember. It was only when I was SURE that I MUST be under 9 stone, (thanks to 5:2, yey!!!) that was always my goal, that I very gingerly stepped on the scales. It was a really scary thing to do as the reason I stopped doing it was because of the emotional misery I felt every morning when I was galloping on my way to OVER 11 stone! I couldn't face the daily punishment I meted out to myself for being such a fat useless blob and vowed I'd NEVER weigh myself again.

Here we are, 3 stone lighter, back to being addicted to the daily weigh-in only this time it is a joy to see, it sets me up for the day and even if there is a slight increase I no longer worry or fret or beat myself up or stay depressed for hours or eat a box of chocolates because, well, that solves everything, doesn't it?

I am now under target and maintaining and some days I have to overindulge a little to keep this, young woman, weight on. I NEVER, EVER thought I'd say that, this is all thanks to 5:2, it really has changed my life and my attitude to everything especially food and drink.

So, the moral of the tale (for me) is.....there isn't one, just get the world on 5:2 and see how happy and healthy and sober everyone will be, cheers :drink:

Ballerina x :heart:
I can't guess what my weight will be, I drink so much water all evening sometimes in the morning I'm a kilo lighter! I have always weighed daily, it's my religion :)
Yes, I do! As soon as I wake up I touch my tummy and I know my weight.
I can predict it too, mainly by (err, look away now if you have a sensitive disposition) my toilet visits the previous day!
No poo means lb up, too. :lol:

I record weight daily on excel, not as a trendline, but day by day in table format, so I can check back to the day and see what I was. 3 weeks ago today I was 11 13.5. Today I'm 11 10.5 (and have been for the past week). I also record my calorie intake (I know this WOE means we shouldn't HAVE to, but as one's bod gets a little older, it needs all the help it can get :confused: )

Even hub's become a daily weigher. We're both more in tune with our biorhythms.
12 posts Page 1 of 1