The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Damn you alcohol!!
09 Apr 2014, 09:10
So, had my fast day yesterday and did really well, soup for lunch, tomato and noodles for tea, then I went and had a drink, a VK orange and passion fruit to be exact, oh my was it lovely, but then I realized, "hang on, this is an alco-pop, this is gonna have a lot of calories!" yep, 220 per bottle, :curse: so went from 465 for the day to 685 :(

Just thought I'd whinge like a git and get that off my chest as I feel bad that I screwed up my day, gonna compensate by having a low cal day today and tomorrow and fast again friday!
Re: Damn you alcohol!!
09 Apr 2014, 09:44
Oh dear, those alcohol drinks are a hidden sugar bomb aren't they?! A lot of people at work drink pre mixed spirits thinking they are better than beer and forget that they are packed full of sugar to disguise that they are suing cheap and nasty alcohol!
But feel free to whinge like a git anyway!!
09 Apr 2014, 09:51
I wouldn't kick yourself too hard. 685 is not bad at all! We all need a drink sometimes :)
09 Apr 2014, 12:28
Its ok to whinge when you binge DH but think of it..
685 cals for a whole day? Not bad is it really? And some repair benefits from your fast day too :0)

Plus, long as you enjoyed yr drinkypoos,not much harm done x

PLUS " ypu live and learn! " :like:
09 Apr 2014, 17:33
The sugar in drinks is scary. I get quite arsey if someone tries to give me a regular tonic rather than a slimline in my gin. I am prepared to spend calories on alcohol ( on normal days i hasten to add) but not on sugary mixers
11 Apr 2014, 19:17
philxjr wrote: I wouldn't kick yourself too hard. 685 is not bad at all! We all need a drink sometimes :)

Here here.
My mums got some Malibu red. Now that's nice.
6 posts Page 1 of 1