The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Dealing with the need to fast
04 Dec 2013, 09:51
Today, I wasn't supposed to fast so I took my usual breakfast fairly early this morning (5:00AM) but now the need to switch to a fast day is so strong I decided to go for it, even if it's the first day of my periods (sorry..... :oops: )

My calories intake will be a bit higher (580cal) however I am not worried about that as I will go for my usual 1h ride.

Did you ever feel this need, the urge to fast even if it was not what you planned ? I guess it may be to gain some control and balance back but I would be interested to have your thoughts about and if you would go for it even if you already had a breakfast not compatible with a fast day
Yes Manderley. If I go more than 3 days without a fast, I always feel like I 'need' one.
Absolutely, and it isn't always anything to do with 'big' meals the day before, just feel like my body needs a rest and to be flushed out. It is habit forming!
:heart: Hi Manderlay :heart:
Well I'm actually with you today doing an unscheduled fast
But I wasn't hungry when I got up so it was probably going to be a 16:8 but an unexpected event has taken my OH out for about 5/6 hours so bingo I'm fasting and washing and gardening :heart: plenty to keep me occupied :clover: Sue :clover:
It's the first time it really happens. Maybe because of all that happened last week, I don't know, however I wouldn't be able to not fast during the Holidays. It would bring a kind of "panic" I think, which is really really weird. There is a struggle to find something to eat on Christmas eve and New year's eve/day.

I know I will probably do a 16:8 on Christmas day, maybe a "transformed" fast on Christmas eve (don't eat until dinner) but I saw what will happen for Christmas lunch and I am in a kind of panic mode as it seems really really too much (5 course meal without the oysterd and foie gras my dad decided to add to the already huge meal....)

Really looking forward January :cool:
When are you going to weigh yourself Manderley? Before or after Christmas?
Next time I'll weight myself will be the 24th morning. Don't want to spoil Christmas eve and lunch as it's already a big enough panic (the meals, not the weight)
I suppose you know that we are all waiting with bated breath. I'm expecting a good result given all your cycling! :like: :like:
But as muscles are heavier than fat I may have gained weight even if more inches are gone :cool:
9 posts Page 1 of 1