The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Yesterday was a feast day for me but I didn't go overboard.. so I thought.
Ate normally for breakfast and lunch, got home and had a couple of vodka and slimline tonics. We'd bought a couple of dips - salmon and avocado - baby spinach and feta - and some plain water biscuits... can't BELIEVE that a pack of those thin crackers and a pot of dip came to 1100 calories (yes I did eat all that) :o
I must have gone through nearly 3000 calories yesterday and it certainly didn't seem like a feast at all.
Not really expecting anyone to say anything just wanted a rant. Lol.
Lil :heart:
Those sound good, and though many calories, they sound like they have some good ingredients! :lol: :starving:
Snacky things like water biccies and dips are sooo irresisitible and its so easy to keep eating!
The salmon and avocado,spinach and feta,are all bursting with goodness tho X
Sometimes I'll have some dip and crackers for a 'light' meal. But to keep some control, I count out the crackers and apply the dip to each one and put on a plate and that's it, no more than that. Much better control than if you have the bag and tub at the ready, lol
Oops! It happens to us all at some point, the grim realisation of how many calories a 'little snack' contained. Nevermind, onwards and downwards!

Next time maybe have a selection of things to dip, so a few crackers but also some sticks of carrot, celery, peppers & cucumber. Variety is always good for snacks and you can reduce the calories that way :)
LilSmiler wrote: Yesterday was a feast day for me but I didn't go overboard.. so I thought.
Ate normally for breakfast and lunch, got home and had a couple of vodka and slimline tonics. We'd bought a couple of dips - salmon and avocado - baby spinach and feta - and some plain water biscuits... can't BELIEVE that a pack of those thin crackers and a pot of dip came to 1100 calories (yes I did eat all that) :o
I must have gone through nearly 3000 calories yesterday and it certainly didn't seem like a feast at all.
Not really expecting anyone to say anything just wanted a rant. Lol.
Lil :heart:

I can

All too easily.

To be honest it absolutely horrifies me the rubbish the supermarkets pedal. Every thing has to be loaded with god knows what to promote shelf life. They hope no ones going to start looking on the side of the can to find the truth......but people now are.

Everything has to taste nice..... or people won't eat it. I fit tastes nice.....look at the calories figure and give yourself a shock.

I ve been rather partial to lidl's ready (pasta) meals; until I looked at the cals figure which works out as 1200 for the can. I don't think so. :curse:

Yes I can believe it.
I was reading back through my food diary, which I started in Jan this year, before I discovered My Fitness Pal. 2 things struck me:

1) I wildly underestimated the calories I was eating
2) I lamented the fact I wasn't losing weight.

The I discovered 5 2 and MFP and haven't looked back. You lives and learns, as they say.
One of the beauties of this WOE is where you learn the calories are for your fast days translates over to your day to say choices In he long run.

Sounded like a lovely happy hour though, glad you enjoyed, if you made dips yourself and used veggies as dippers would be a lot less cals
9 posts Page 1 of 1