The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

11 posts Page 1 of 1
While I only count calories on fasting days, I have become ever mindful of how many calories I consume on feed days. :confused:

How about you? :?:
Sorry. I didn't realize there are already many posts with this very same question. :doh:
it happens alot.

I've never counted calories on non-fast days. When I first started, I kept a food diary on non-fast days because I figured I must have been overeating a bit if I was gradually gaining weight over the years. It helped alot. Once I started losing pretty well, I stopped keeping the diary. Now I'm plateauing a bit, I've started keeping it once again.
For the first four weeks on 5:2 I counted calories every day, to get a pretty accurate idea of portion sizes and number of calories. Since then I just go into MFP if I eat/drink something new eg yesterday I had a piece of cheesecake and a milkshake and then adjusted my food intake for the rest of the day. That way 'I can have my cake and eat it!'
I never counted calories on non fast days as I changed my WOE months before I started this diet. During the week I am a light eater (lemon juice when I wake up, coffee and a toast for breakfast, white meat and steamed vegetables for lunch and a light dinner), with the exception of when we go to the restaurant which is once every other week. During the weekend I keep a food diary but it's because it keeps it "real". I mean, from the friday evening to the sunday night it can become wild so I want to keep track of what I eat but I don't count calories
I don't at all and that's what I love about this WOE. If I was to add it up I'm probably eating a fair bit over my TDEE on feed days, but I do 4:3 to compensate for that and have been losing 2lbs per week so far. Counting on feed days would feel too much like a "full time" diet for me.
I didn't, but as I have now reached a plateau think I will have to. Not rigidly as this is for life. As one of the others said it does keep it real if you keep a record. Good luck!
I didn't, but as I have now reached a plateau think I will have to. Not rigidly as this is for life. As one of the others said it does keep it real if you keep a record. Good luck! :clover:
Hi Shoefairy,

I sincerely hope that keeping track will help you break through your plateau. It can get discouraging when we see no reduction in weight on that evil scale.

May I ask if you are losing cm? I wish I had taken measurements when I fist began but it's never too late.

Best of luck to you. :smile:
I don't. I do try to eat sensibly on feed days during the week by staying away from sweets, drinks and mindless snacking. Weekends I eat and drink pretty much whatever and however much I want. I'm still losing. If I hit a plateau, I might start keeping an eye on feed day cals.

I should admit one disclaimer: I tend to eat pretty healthily anyway as far as not eating fast food and rarely eating heavily processed food. I make most foods from scratch.
I stopped counting calories when I realised that I wasn't losing any weight since I started.
What I do is, additionally to the 2 fasts, turn one or two of my feed days into Dukan attack days. That is not just low carb (well, non carb actually) but also low fat and low cal. That leaves me with 3 days to eat whatever I fancy with no guilt at all.
11 posts Page 1 of 1