The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Does volume of food matter?
18 Aug 2013, 19:48
Hi, I am new to the forum and am looking forward to starting the diet tomorrow. Does the volume of food consumed on diet days matter, as long as you stay within the 600 calorie guideline? To use an extreme example, I have read that a whole cucumber is 35 calories. Could I eat 17 cucumbers on fast day, and still meet the requirements of the diet? Of course I would never do so, I'm just using this as an example. Thanks in advance for any and all replies!
Re: Does volume of food matter?
18 Aug 2013, 19:57
Hi and welcome:

Calories are all that count. Don't worry about volume.

Here are some tips for those new to 5:2: 5-2-diet-chat-f6/topic6317.html

And here is what you might expect as you go forward: 5-2-diet-chat-f6/topic6491.html

Good luck!
18 Aug 2013, 20:01
Hi & welcome to the forum

Yes, you could eat 17 cucumbers ! I aim for low cal foods that are filling. Lots of veg is great. You can consume alot of volume for little calories.

The first few fasts can be challenging with the hunger pains, but its well worth the pain!

Benefits far out weigh the 2 days of reduced intake :like:

Make sure you drink plenty, water, black tea/coffee to keep hunger at bay. Its a good idea to plan the first few fasts eating and NOT go shopping on the day for the food !

It does get easier and more like second nature after a few weeks.

Good luck :smile:
18 Aug 2013, 20:15
Hi and Welcome Yes you can eat whatever you want tomorrow providing it keeps within your 600 calories, drink plenty of water and plan your meals & times :like: for me I save all my cals for evening meal making it 2: courses ( by way of a reward) for going my 24 hrthis is so much easier because once I started to eat lunch I actually became more hungry.
This WoL really does work :heart: :heart: I've a very long way to go but I now know I will make it !!! Good Luck tomorrow :clover: Sue
18 Aug 2013, 21:12
17 cucumbers, 15 lettuces, or a huge piece of cake... whatever you fancy! :-)
5 posts Page 1 of 1