The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Don't Give Up!!
05 Dec 2014, 03:58
Hi All - after 5 weeks of experimenting and going off the rails I am happy to report that the Forum has brought me back - I started with the standard 5:2 and it became apparent quite quickly that this wasn't for me and after reading some stories and posting some cries for help I'm happy to report that I have adapted well to the eating window approach of fasting. 4 days straight I have managed to stick to the eating window (aiming for 4-5 a week) and I must say my confidence with fasting has increased significantly. I did read some of the 8 Hour Diet book and there were some handy info in there as well as the feedback and recommendations from people in the forum. I must say (for me) the eating window is less extreme/shock approach to the body and the mind for that matter! I know that the proof will be in the future results but I really echo what many of you have said to me and that is "tailor an approach that will be sustainable for yourself" i.e. it's not always a 1 size fits all approach to diet/food. Anyway thanks again and I'll be sure to update on my progress and approach. Cheers
Re: Don't Give Up!!
05 Dec 2014, 08:01
That's great news Wilson.
Love the positive post and can't wait to hear how you get on. There is a fatsing method out there for everyone, the trick is finding which one fits you.
Don't forget it's a marathon not a sprint, and the speed doesn't matter as long as you finish the race,
Good luck.
05 Dec 2014, 08:42
Well I just think that's wonderful news Wilson. Im so glad that you found something that suits you. I truly believe that is the key. After being obese then slim 3 times in the last 25 years i know this interntant fasting is sustainable for life for me. Now I can eat in between a 2 to 6 hour eating window easily but that took at least a year of 5:2 fasting to happen. And it has happened so quickly for you. You know what suits you and what doesn't and that's really good. Listen to your body and best wishes.
Xxx julianna
05 Dec 2014, 09:04
Dear@Wilson,
I'd like to echo the above responses. I'm pleased that you are finding out what suits you, but there is no need to rush. It is heartening to see the weight coming off, but many of us have spent years losing and re-gaining weight and have come to believe that we now need to alter our way of eating for life; we need to find an approach that will suit us forever, without feeling that we are "on a diet".

I wish you all the best with your journey, which like Carrieoates has said, is a marathon rather than a sprint. Please try not to be disheartened if the weight does not fall off all the time, and bear in mind that it is still possible to overeat whilst adopting an eating window approach.

Bracken :clover:
05 Dec 2014, 19:23
Hi @Wilson - pleased to hear that you are "back in the groove"!

Keep us posted on your progress - now you've found what works just keep doing it!

:clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:
05 Dec 2014, 23:53
That's the spirit.
06 Dec 2014, 04:50
Thankyou all!!!!
06 Dec 2014, 11:20
Well done Wilson on getting back on track & finding a way of eating that suits you. As mentioned by others it is a marathon not a sprint or a plod in my case :lol: but the trick is to keep picking yourself up dusting yourself down & starting all over again :grin: :grin:
Keep on letting us know how you are getting on!
8 posts Page 1 of 1