The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

23 posts Page 2 of 2
It's a shame Harvie or Varady weren't on the panel, since they've done the most human studies. But still… interesting… Thanks for the transcript, Caroline!
Wow Caroline, that was brilliant, thank you SO much. It would be lovely to think that we are all part of this revolution

Ballerina x :heart:
Just listened to this… wonderful program! Really enjoyed it. Thanks so much for posting the link. :)
Thanks Caroline that was really interesting )
Thanks for the great summary. Appreciate the time & talent you share with all of us.
Thank you for the summary. I appreciate your hard work.
Thank you very much Carorees for your transcript of the Rehm show. Inspired me to listen and found it fascinating. Some general points:
1)It underlined this WOE as a lifestyle change as so many of us on our forum have realised ages ago. Yes, practitioners for life. I bet MM could be referring to our forum where the "results of 5,000 are being tracked"!

2)My OH and I are 74, 5:2 done for a year, and haven't realised we face possible dangerous consequences which were flagged up for the over 65s. Could these be from losing too much fat AND muscle? (My gym was fascinated that in the last 4 mths I lost 2 kg fat, and gained just under that in muscle = plateau..... , I do not want or need to reach the weight I was at 20 and feel fine with a healthy BMI and also aware of moving about at work.)

3)Fasting for help with cancer and treatments could bring hope. Research on humans is gathering momentum, watch the space!

:smile:
I highly recommend listening to this broadcast! It's worth taking the hour. Really great show, and of course Carol's notes are super helpful, but if you want the full course, it's worth a listen! I may even listen again. :geek:
http://thedianerehmshow.org/audio-player?nid=18776
23 posts Page 2 of 2