The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Does anyone in the U.K. have it? I live in the U.S. and wanted it so badly, I spent the dollars on shipping from amazon UK, and it will arrive Thursday. I wanted it because it focuses on low carb and is definitely for those of us with blood sugar issues. It also addresses 5:2 and recommends 800 cals per day instead of the 500, because those of us with blood sugar issues suffer from a lot of hunger issues. I know I could never stick to 5:2 because of that, so this gives me hope. The new book is not about 5:2, but Dr. Mosley acknowledges that eating 800 calories DAILY for 8 weeks is not for everyone, so 5:2 is another option and is discussed in the book.
Hi happysheryl,
I've got the book and have just began the 8 week diet plan today. I'm using Atkins meal replacement shakes as they are high in protein and low in sugar.
How are you finding it?
Welcome @Newwall1!

I personally don't recommend Atkins shakes. IMHO they are crap. I sometimes use protein shakes, but I make ones with real food ingredients like hemp seed protein and almond milk.

But the best bet is still real food -- a piece of lean protein and a big pile of nonstarchy vegetables. :)
lol - Have you read the book?
Aside - Atkins shakes don't have the 5 to 6 teaspoons of sugar in them that most of the others have. They're not just protein shakes

Tracieknits wrote: Welcome @Newwall1!

I personally don't recommend Atkins shakes. IMHO they are crap. I sometimes use protein shakes, but I make ones with real food ingredients like hemp seed protein and almond milk.

But the best bet is still real food -- a piece of lean protein and a big pile of nonstarchy vegetables. :)
I haven't read the book, as it's not out until March 22 in this country. But I have had the misfortune of tasting one of those nasty shakes before. They're horrible.
I wonder if they are different in the UK, here the chocolate is what I tried and it was foul.

And I just checked your link, Kindle version isn't available in the US yet either.
7 posts Page 1 of 1