The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

21 posts Page 1 of 2
*DRUNK AND DISGRACED
11 Nov 2013, 11:03
rawkaren wrote:
gillymary wrote:@ballerina more information required about the fun and frivolity which led to the hangover

Sorry blue sapphire just digressing a tad but part of the fun as you will see

oooo yes, details please

I don't really know what caused the hangover, I KNOW it was the alcohol, but I didn't seem to drink a lot. I blame 5:2 as there is SO much less of me now that wine goes straight to parts of me that water cannot reach. It was a friends birthday and, as usual, we all met up at the pub. We all contributed to the food, hubs baked a couple of loaves, and the fire was roaring away. It was a great night with lots of laughter. Instead of wearing trousers, which I do ALL the time, OK. not in bed or in the bath but otherwise, ALL the time, I decided to get my legs out and wore sheer black tights and a racy pair of shoes. I have such skinny wee legs and with my apple dumpling body I can resemble a chicken, especially with black tights on, anyway, I must have been on a high or some other drug. I had 3 glasses of white wine at the pub and one very small glass of red after we got home and then fell into bed. I was comatose for a number of hours before I attempted to open my poor eyes. Actually, I couldn't open my eyes, is this what 'blind drunk' means? so I just stumbled, naked, to the kitchen and raided the fridge where I knew there was a bottle of cold tonic water. In the dark and drunk as I was, I missed my mouth, I know what you are thinking, how could I miss an aperture as big as that, well, I did. Cold tonic water cascading down your naked chest is an instantaneous method of opening paralytic eyes, believe me. Getting back up the stairs to bed was no mean feat. In the morning hubs took one look at me and asked what had happened to me,

"I got drunk and came to a sticky end in the kitchen"

So there you have it, drunk as a skunk, naked as a jay bird, stumbling, mumbling, dribbling and generally all round normal, such was my Saturday night! I blame the black tights. YOU DID ASK!!!!

Ballerina x
Re: DRUNK AND DISGRACED
11 Nov 2013, 11:09
OMG I now have the image of a faceless you as a chicken, with a bow on your hair and everything :shock: :shock:

How can I concentrate now ?????????? :shock: :razz:

Was never that drunk but didn't have a usual behaviour once, after just drinking 1 glass of white wine. In fact that's when I discovered I can't drink white wine anymore. I thought I was going to die, really. I had hot flashes, had to stay on the floor because.... I can't even explain why... :razz:

Since I began 5:2, I can't really drink anything, after 2 glasses, I fall asleep for hours... :grin:
11 Nov 2013, 11:15
Two sips of OH's medicinal whisky last night knocked me flat into bed after Downton :0O
11 Nov 2013, 11:27
:heart: :heart: OMG what a picture I now have of you :heart:
Naked, Drunk, Wet, + Streaky ORANGE :shock: :shock: :shock:
Ballerina you have cheered me up noend on a very bad day.
Thanks for the laugh :heart: Sue. :heart:
11 Nov 2013, 11:30
I replied with my mirth on the other thread with the comment that you need to get your legs out more often, but then it sounds like you enjoyed getting legless :lol:

Anyway, reading Tatler this weekend. Not a magazine I read very often, but here is their take on the Drunken 5:2 Diet to prep us all for the holiday season. And you seem like living proof that you can get pissed and stay slim just like they promise:

3 aperol spritzes and two cheese straws (452 cals)
3 shots of sputnik vodka and a serving of caviar (497 cals)
Swig of sloe gin from a hip flask and a mini mars bar whilst hunting (120 cals)
6 glasses of Laurent-Perrier Brut and five parmesan crisps (480 cals). That's mine!
A St. Bernard cocktail (368 cals) Apricot brandy and port.
A bullshot and two chipolatas (290 cals) Vodka, chilled beef bouillon and worcestershire sauce (bleughhh)
Mulled cider and a mince pie (411 cals)
Two crack babies (506 calories) Passionfruit/vodka/strawberries/asti
Two pints of guiness (420 cals)
Glass of eggnog (440 cals)
Three glasses of sherry and a thin slice of fruitcake (443 cals)
Two mulled wines (454 cals)
11 Nov 2013, 11:37
If I drank that lot I would be more than legless, I would be dead, and it don't mean dead drunk, I mean DEAD, as in DEAD, deceased, gone form here, draped in a flattering shroud, meeting my maker etc. Honest, I only had the 3 whites and 1 red and that was bad enough, actually it was great fun, till I regained consciousness! It was downhill and up and down stairs all the way after that :grin:

Ballerina x :heart:
11 Nov 2013, 11:43
[quote="Manderley"]OMG I now have the image of a faceless you as a chicken, with a bow on your hair and everything :shock: :shock:

How can I concentrate now ?????????? :shock: :razz: ......................................

Whilst I have no major objections to wearing a bow in my hair I think wearing one on my 'everything' is going just a little too far :lol:

11 Nov 2013, 11:45
I have been saying when you find your new more shapely legs and put them in tights and get out there in the world who knows what will happen. Yours certainly got you into a spot of bother @Ballerina but sounds like a good night until you couldn't find your mouth. :kiss: and I bet this was your go to solution yesterday 8-)

Hope your head is feeling better
11 Nov 2013, 17:28
It is now almost 5.30 p.m. and I have not eaten anything since yesterday because of the hangover :shock: so I may as well turn this into an unscheduled fast day thanks to the alcohol excess. :oops: You have to take the opportunities when they present themselves, I will be glad when it is bedtime, :sleepy:

11 Nov 2013, 17:32
Early to bed, about 8pm then :0)
11 Nov 2013, 17:33
There is a silver lining in every cloud. :like: :grin: :wink:
11 Nov 2013, 17:55
You are missing out. I'm practising cocktail making tonight.
11 Nov 2013, 20:41
:lol:

I too get much more inebriated now! Let's all blame 5:2!

:lol:
11 Nov 2013, 22:23
... And I've just ordered some skirts online :shock: :cool: :shock: :cool: I can see I'm going to have to be really careful now - especially with that 3/4 full bottle of white wine in the fridge :lol: :lol: :lol:
11 Nov 2013, 22:46
... And at least it wasn't 'DRUNK AND DISORDERLY' :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: - maybe next time???? :shock: :cool: :bugeyes:

And at least you had a good night's sleep out of it :wink:
21 posts Page 1 of 2