The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Eat Stop Eat
10 Jul 2014, 15:00
Hi all. The book is by Brad Pilon. Can anyone tell me what this method entails? I am loathe to fork out $40 for something I am probably doing already. Thank you. :grin:
Re: Eat Stop Eat
10 Jul 2014, 15:45
I found a freeby online that does just as well. Eat Stop Eat is the same as 8 hour diet, fasting for 16 hours a day. There is a fair amount of information about of this type of fasting in this forum as well as online. They have a special download price for the expanded book at http://www.eatstopeat.com/ . If I remember right, in reading his initial book, I found that he seemed to go deeper in the science of his ideas. Hope this helps.
10 Jul 2014, 16:47
Can you get it at a library?

I am loathe to spend $$ on a fasting book, when the information is on the web, for free.
10 Jul 2014, 16:54
I think there is quite a lot of information on his website
10 Jul 2014, 18:48
Debbie, you are confusing Eat Stop Eat with Leangains. Here are the differences:

Eat Stop Eat is by Brad Pilon. He advocates doing two 24-hour fasts a week. Basically, you eat dinner, stop eating for 24 hours, and then eat again. That's pretty much it. I wouldn't think anyone would need to fork out the money for the book, although I have been tempted to since I like to read the science (as it motivates me).

Leangains is the website that Martin Berkhan created that advocates for the 16/8 method of eating (the "eating window"). He is a bodybuilder and his site is geared towards men (in particular, but not exclusively) who want to lose fat but gain muscle mass. 16/8 is what it implies: Eat dinner, then stop (fast) until 16 hours have passed, then eat in the 8-hour window. Repeat daily.

Eat Stop Eat = 24-hour fasts
Leangains = 16/8

Melinda
10 Jul 2014, 18:53
Yep, I do get confused between all these fasting ideas. But as Tracy says, go to your library or check online. Lots cheaper! :grin:
10 Jul 2014, 19:11
Ha ha! It all seems so simple--until you start trying to figure out all the permutations! :-)
10 Jul 2014, 20:39
Thanks for your responses. Nothing new then. Not fussed about the science so don't feel I'll be missing out if I don't have his e-book. :like:
8 posts Page 1 of 1