The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

3 posts Page 1 of 1
I have recently started to eat psyllium seeds to reduce the hunger on my fasting days. Since they just pass through your stomach without adding anything to your calories intake they are pretty useful.

Anyone else using them? Or anyone else who would warn against them for some reason?

http://www.fastslimbody.com/psyllium-hu ... s-benefits
I drink a huge cup of psylium husks with water every morning (6 teaspoons) to assist my constipation, have done so for ten years. my health has always been excellent and its great for cholesterol and many more health benefits, my doctor approves. it does also give that feeling of being full which is great! only warning is don't take medication 3hours either side of it as it can be effected. good luck on your fasting journey :)
SO does the same every other morning. I may start again simply for the gastrointestinal benefits.

Make sure you drink a large glass of water afterward, as psyllium is a mucilage and extremely hydrophilic.
3 posts Page 1 of 1