The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
I have been in maintenance for almost five months and have not fasted at all for the last three because my weight has been very stable. However I have been drinking too much wine and eating too many chocolates over Christmas and have gained weight :frown:

I felt quite sluggish yesterday after a lovely but substantial tapas lunch with my family and woke up this morning feeling ready to fast. I found it surprisingly easy - not hungry at all and I feel so cleansed this evening :grin:. I had forgotten that I had generally enjoyed my Monday fasts while I was following 5:2.

Hopefully this one fast will get my appetite back to normal but my New Year's resolution will be to fast once a week whenever I can.

Happy New Year to everyone. Looking back over 2013 I am so thankful that I found this WOE and in particular the support of this forum. I am so much happier than I was this time last year :smile:
:heart: Hi Windsinger Yes I fasted today but more like a 600 probably in the end but it does make you feel so much better for actually doing one, well done on keeping your weight stable until Christmas, the festivities have got the better of me also but as we move into a new year I for one will emerge out of 2014 a totally different person indeed coz I'm almost half way there :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
✴. ✴Happy New Year✴. ✴
Just had a goodish fast too. 2nd this month. I do love 16.8 but you don't get that true appetite leveler with it. When I did eat I was stuffed before in knew it, and my tummy started gurgling. Was a bit unnerving to say the least. Anyway. Here's to fasting guys.
I've just had my daily weigh in and have lost nearly 3lbs with one day's fasting which is encouraging as I had gained 4lbs over Christmas. I knew that it must be partly water retention due to carb overloading but it is reassuring to know that it can be shifted quite easily by fasting :smile:

As it's New Year's Eve I will probably be overindulging again so may fast again on Thursday.
4 posts Page 1 of 1